Upgrade Fairy...

Four days until we leave on the Elation and dont look to get any good news:(

Enjoy your trip on the Elation. She was my first cruise back in summer of 2000.

Was drunk and met some nice girls and fell down a flight of stairs while talking to them. Didn't feel a thing until the next morning...lol...

Ah, memories...:)

Enjoy your trip on the Elation. She was my first cruise back in summer of 2000.

Was drunk and met some nice girls and fell down a flight of stairs while talking to them. Didn't feel a thing until the next morning...lol...

Ah, memories...:)

Thanks from all that I've read and seen on other sites I'm really think this is going to be one to remember.

Seems there are now fewer complimentary upgrades. We have recd several over the years. Lately, there are some emails offering upsells. We received one yesterday with $50 upsell each to move our Upper interiors to midship Empress OV. Fascination April 28th, 5night. There was no single supplement, so we have 2 adjoining interior cabins. So, $100 total. Ship is far from full, so we are holding out for a complimentary call or ask once on board.

Once Carnival realized that they could UPSELL the upgrades they pretty much stopped offering free upgrades. :(

I have no idea how they decide who receives an upgrade or upsell. We are Diamond and have been on 38 cruises on Carnival and have never received an upgrade or upsell. Guess Carnival doesn't think that we need one.

Sometimes it's so hard to turn down an upsell when the price is right. :D

If no one would bite on the upsells the upgrades would still be FREE. I'll take FREE over paying anything, no matter how good the "deal" is. ;)

If no one would bite on the upsells the upgrades would still be FREE. I'll take FREE over paying anything, no matter how good the "deal" is. ;)

I think the cruise line(s) may be offering upsells because they are experiencing problems filling their staterooms.

The only "free" upgrade we have ever had was a few years ago. We were booked on a Princess cruise New England/Canada in a mini suite.

About two days prior to our departure, we received a call offering us a "free" upgrade to a full suite mid-ship. I accepted the offer. It really was free and we enjoyed every minute of it. :D

We got a call yesterday, we are leaving on Sunday on the Legend.

Offered us to upgrade from Ocean View to Balcony for $243. (7 days) Not too bad of any offer but we declined, saving money where we can for other things.

I am curious if they leave a message for you if you don't answer the call. Or does anyone know where the call comes in from? We don't answer calls on land line or cell from 800ish numbers but likely would or I would call them back if I knew it was from Carnival.

I am curious if they leave a message for you if you don't answer the call. Or does anyone know where the call comes in from? We don't answer calls on land line or cell from 800ish numbers but likely would or I would call them back if I knew it was from Carnival.

My complimentary upgrade call came from their 305 Miami area code.

We sail on the 27th of this month on the Valor out of Puerto Rico got the Russell call yesterday.we are booked on lidocaine with a balcony.They offered us a Grand Suite for an additional 800.I told them no thank you happy where we are.Back about 6 years ago they upgraded 5 cabins that we booked to Jr.Suites for free.Free is much better.

Got the upsell call today to upgrade from ocean view to a grand suite for $500. We declined. This is for our cruise on the Fascination departing on April 28.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the Ecstasy last week and had a balcony room. 3 days prior to our trip I got a call with an offer to move to a Suite for $500. I checked on line and I could have booked it myself for $500 more. I called back and explained that his price was no deal and asked if he could lower the offer and got a NO. As someone mentioned before the upgrade ferry has been replaced by the upsell ferry.