Riviera, March 6 - change to port arrival/departure times

Baz-t

From my experience, Oceania do seem to be a cruise line for last minute changes the arrival/departure times in ports.I've just noticed that 3 weeks out from departure, the timing in 3 ports has changed. Barbados has gone from arrival 9.00am, departure 7.00 pm to 11.00am/8.00pm.

St Lucia and St Bars sail one hour earlier at 4.00pm. That may she only one hour but it does mean racing back earlier to catch the sailing. As the next 2 days are sea days on the way back to Miami, the one hour earlier departure (at short notice) is difficult to understand.

From my experience, Oceania do seem to be a cruise line for last minute changes the arrival/departure times in ports.I've just noticed that 3 weeks out from departure, the timing in 3 ports has changed. Barbados has gone from arrival 9.00am, departure 7.00 pm to 11.00am/8.00pm.

St Lucia and St Bars sail one hour earlier at 4.00pm. That may she only one hour but it does mean racing back earlier to catch the sailing. As the next 2 days are sea days on the way back to Miami, the one hour earlier departure (at short notice) is difficult to understand.

Arrivals and departures are determined by the harbormaster in the Port, not the Cruise Line.

If you notice it happening more with Oceania than other Lines that may be because a ship which calls at a port week in and week out for years, naturally gets preference over Oceania which is the small new kid in class.

Exclusivity has its' benefits and its' limitations ;)

Did you get your final cruise documents yet? We are on the Riviera cruise that returns on March 6. Wondering what cruise terminal you are departing from? Ours departs from terminal C. All our previous Riviera cruises left from terminal J. Will be parking our car at the garage at terminal C and wonder if we will have to get back there for our car if arriving at a different terminal.

I am on this cruise and have gotten no notice of these changes.

Terri

I received my final cruise summary documents via email last night for the March 6th departure.

1) We will be using Terminal J for embarkation.

2) Here is the itinerary sent to me by Oceania.

Monday 3/6 - Miami - Depart 6 pm

Thursday 3/9 - Tortola - 8:00 am - 6 pm

Friday 3/10 - Antigua - 8:00 am - 5 pm

Saturday 3/11 - Barbados - 11 am - 8 pm

Sunday 3/12 - St. Lucia - 8 am - 4 pm

Monday 3/13 - St. Barts - 8 am - 4pm

Thursday 3/16 - Miami - 6 am

I received my final cruise summary documents via email last night for the March 6th departure.

1) We will be using Terminal J for embarkation.

2) Here is the itinerary sent to me by Oceania.

Monday 3/6 - Miami - Depart 6 pm

Thursday 3/9 - Tortola - 8:00 am - 6 pm

Friday 3/10 - Antigua - 8:00 am - 5 pm

Saturday 3/11 - Barbados - 11 am - 8 pm

Sunday 3/12 - St. Lucia - 8 am - 4 pm

Monday 3/13 - St. Barts - 8 am - 4pm

Thursday 3/16 - Miami - 6 am

This discussion needs to be on the roll call board.

Terri