PHARMACY at Cozumel port

Pia1913

There is a really big pharmacia in the back of the souvenir store directly beneath the McDonalds , can't miss it. You need to know the generic name of the med you desire. Not all Mexicans speak great English. And they have cheap Retin-A and generic antibiotics. The taxi driver will ask you why you want to go to McDonalds--they think you are going there to eat. Who cares?

Does anyone know of a website/email address for one of the large pharmacies? We're going to be in Cozumel next week with friends and one of them takes Nexium capsules and I'm trying to figure out if any of them have it (my friend has been told that the capsule is only available in the US). I found a website (http://gocozumel.com/pharmacy/) with an email link but the email bounced.

Does anyone know the price of Voltaren gel for arthritis? Some friends of mine are going to Cozumel in a couple of weeks and I have asked them to get some for me. I was just wondering how much money to send with them. It's really expensive here.

Does anyone know the price of Voltaren gel for arthritis? Some friends of mine are going to Cozumel in a couple of weeks and I have asked them to get some for me. I was just wondering how much money to send with them. It's really expensive here.

You also need to give them the generic name for Voltaren, I did see it in Costa Maya Mexico 3 years ago, was $20-25 tube then.

I use Voltaren Gel and when my brother comes to visit -- he lives in Mexico -- he also brings "Voltaren AEROSOL" which is a spray, which I use when the pain is really bad. This is not yet available in US.

The cost of the gel and is much lower than in the US ... but depends on the insurance you have. When using my insurance the gel is as cheap as in Mexico ...

Herb :confused:

• 1 month later...

The gel is sold in Mexico as Volfenac. I recently purchased a couple 100 gram tubes in Cozumel for $8. Even with my excellent insurance, my copay in the US is $45. I will be purchasing more on my next cruise. We will also be looking for retin a.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Farmacias Dori has a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farmacia-DORI-Cozumel/355835654468628?fref=ts

e-mail dorisramonera@hotmail.com

phnes 987-872-1439 / 987-872-0559 / 987-872-3539

I just sent an email to the hotmail account listed and it was returned as not a valid address. I'll try sending one to the FB account.

• 1 month later...
I just sent an email to the hotmail account listed and it was returned as not a valid address. I'll try sending one to the FB account.

Were you able to find out about Nexium? I have been without insurance for almost a year and been taking generic prilosec and it's so not the same. Just occurred to me I might find some affordable Nexium in Cozumel...and yes I have travelers insurance in case something happens on my trip...not having ins isn't a $ thing it's a paperwork NIGHTMARE.

Were you able to find out about Nexium? I have been without insurance for almost a year and been taking generic prilosec and it's so not the same. Just occurred to me I might find some affordable Nexium in Cozumel...and yes I have travelers insurance in case something happens on my trip...not having ins isn't a $ thing it's a paperwork NIGHTMARE.

I never got a reply from the FB message I sent either.

I just want to purchase antibiotics just to have on hand. Nothing exotic.

Mike:)

Antibiotics are no longer avaialble OTC in Mexico. I was just there. You cannot buy them any longer with out an Rx. New law.

Antibiotics are no longer avaialble OTC in Mexico. I was just there. You cannot buy them any longer with out an Rx. New law.

Diet pills (phentermine) are no longer available without an Rx either. Retin-a is still available but much more expensive than it use to be. I remember buying it for $8 a tube. Then it went to $13, then $18, then $37. When I inquired last week they were asking $51 per tube!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not seen a problem with antibiotics or diet pills, you do have to go downtown though.

That has been my most recent experience also. Antibiotics and diet pills are available in the downtown (San Miguel) pharmacies of Cozumel. Last time I inquired at the pharmacy at the pier they sent me down there.

Edited by maldenmusic

I have not seen a problem with antibiotics or diet pills, you do have to go downtown though.

When were you last there? I was there in December (2013) and had no problem. I was there in March/April 2014.....must have prescription. So within 3 months, it changed.

When were you last there? I was there in December (2013) and had no problem. I was there in March/April 2014.....must have prescription. So within 3 months, it changed.

I was there a week ago.

We were just in cozumel last week. We have been there many times but 1st time docking at International Pier. This pharmacy didn't have anything I was looking to buy that I have bought before in Mexico. And things were priced higher in comparison to other stores.

We were just in cozumel last week. We have been there many times but 1st time docking at International Pier. This pharmacy didn't have anything I was looking to buy that I have bought before in Mexico. And things were priced higher in comparison to other stores.

Once upon a time you could buy almost anything at the pharmacy at the pier but now you have to go in to downtown for the best selection and prices.

• 1 month later...
Retin-a is still available but much more expensive than it use to be. I remember buying it for $8 a tube. Then it went to $13, then $18, then $37. When I inquired last week they were asking $51 per tube!

Bummer !!! this happened to me, too, on my last trip and I thought they were making a pesos conversion error. I used to pay about $12 for a tube; in March the Mega store wanted close to $50!!!!!