HMC WiFi?

BigCruze

And strangely enough cannot even do cheers on HMC.

They used to tell us they couldn't do Cheers on HMC because they couldn't connect to the ship to confirm (or count) drinks from the island.

2 weeks ago, at the bars on the island, they were using what appeared to be the same POS terminals as the ones on the ship?? IIRC the last time (~ 2yrs ago) we were at HMC, they were still hand writing the bar receipts.

So, if the POS terminals can now connect to the ship....why can't you use Cheers on the island...... $$$$$$$$ That's why! Can you say double down, CCL can!!??:):cool:

They used to tell us they couldn't do Cheers on HMC because they couldn't connect to the ship to confirm (or count) drinks from the island.

2 weeks ago, at the bars on the island, they were using what appeared to be the same POS terminals as the ones on the ship?? IIRC the last time (~ 2yrs ago) we were at HMC, they were still hand writing the bar receipts.

So, if the POS terminals can now connect to the ship....why can't you use Cheers on the island...... $$$$$$$$ That's why! Can you say double down, CCL can!!??:):cool:

That is why we are getting the Oasis. It comes with the booze and private BBQ. We will be 12 people. So we split it and it is like them excursion with booze. :D

Wow that is awful of them.

Most likely the POSs are operating in offline mode and then the data is uploaded when they return to the ship. We do this when we serve food from remote locations in the school district. It saves writing things down by hand.

I was thinking it would be a long distance wifi connection from the island to the anchored ship. Saving the info makes sense, however, then they should be allowed to accept Cheers

But without a realtime connection, they would not be able to tell if you had exceeded the drink limit.

Most likely the POSs are operating in offline mode and then the data is uploaded when they return to the ship. We do this when we serve food from remote locations in the school district. It saves writing things down by hand.

While this could be the case, I wonder why on Little Stirrup Cay/Coco Cay, RCCL can use real time POS's and allow you to use the beverage pkgs, but when they switch the signs for a CCL ship, apparently the WiFi connection no longer exists?? ( LSC/CC are the same Island)

Also, IIRC, the same POS terminals were used by both lines on the island..........:confused: Anyway, it is a moot point, since CCL will not likely give up the extra revenue they get from the PAX who have the Cheers pkg.

if you exceed 15 before dinner, you are a better man then me. I don't think I ever got past 12.

I've never got beyond 8 in a day (I hate the taste of alcohol, so it's only daiquiris for me)....but my friend John maxed out one day and had 14 another day. Whether he could get close to maxing out while we were still at Half Moon Cay is an exercise best left.....'til next October. :D

While this could be the case, I wonder why on Little Stirrup Cay/Coco Cay, RCCL can use real time POS's and allow you to use the beverage pkgs, but when they switch the signs for a CCL ship, apparently the WiFi connection no longer exists?? ( LSC/CC are the same Island)

Also, IIRC, the same POS terminals were used by both lines on the island..........:confused: Anyway, it is a moot point, since CCL will not likely give up the extra revenue they get from the PAX who have the Cheers pkg.

I don't think LSC and RCCL use real time connections either. The difference is RCCL has no limit on how many drinks you have so there is no need to worry about the count. CCL has a max limit and without a real time connection they can't keep count. They have no way of knowing how many drinks you had prior to going to the island.

I don't think LSC and RCCL use real time connections either. The difference is RCCL has no limit on how many drinks you have so there is no need to worry about the count. CCL has a max limit and without a real time connection they can't keep count. They have no way of knowing how many drinks you had prior to going to the island.

While Long Distance WiFi is easily available these days, it still goes back to $$$. (and drink counting:cool:) :)

I don't think LSC and RCCL use real time connections either. The difference is RCCL has no limit on how many drinks you have so there is no need to worry about the count.

I read over on the Royal board that they will be instituting a drink limit on their alcohol packages, so it'll be interesting to see how -- and if -- they handle that at CocoCay.

I read over on the Royal board that they will be instituting a drink limit on their alcohol packages, so it'll be interesting to see how -- and if -- they handle that at CocoCay.

Darnit, I was just a minute too late to re-edit that.

I re-checked and Royal is adding an "all adults in a cabin must purchase the alcohol package" restriction, not a daily limit...except that there's an upper limit on the value of drinks included in the package. (And they raised drink prices, but that's another issue.)

There was no drink limit on the Oasis back in March. Not that I partake but the wifey sure had a grand time. ;)

ETA: Read your correction. It's a good thing that they didn't require all adults to purchase back in March. Wifey would not have been as much fun. ;p