Paying with gift cards

duegwb

Where are you getting RCCL gift cards? I got the Disney gift cards from ,SamsClub at a discount and used them through my TA to pay a Disney vacation. Saved some $. Is it an option like that?

I got them through verizon rewards-I am going to call my TA today to confirm they will take them for final payment for a January cruise.

One note on gift cards, if you are buying travel insurance make sure your insurance carrier will cover payments made with a gift card. I used a Celebrity gift card I got for credit card points to pay for part of a cruise we had to cancel at the last minute and the insurance carrier would not cover that portion of my payment. " Only payments made by cash, check or credit card are covered". That was $525 loss for me.

From elsewhere on CC...

I found the terms. Here is the summary from Verizon's page:

This certificate cannot be used on a previously booked cruise.<br />

This certificate cannot be used for an onboard credit, excursions, etc.<br />

This certificate will not be accepted if it's booked through a travel agent, agencies, or group bookings.

<br />

<br />

The full terms and conditions are:

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.<br />

<br />

2. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 866-504-3941.<br />

<br />

3. Certificate must be applied to a new individual reservation. May not be applied to a group reservation.<br />

<br />

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.<br />

<br />

5. Deposit required at time of booking. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.<br />

<br />

6. Please reference that you are using the Deluxe Rewards' Certificate Agency ID 293706, when making your reservation.<br />

<br />

7. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.<br />

<br />

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.<br />

<br />

9. Upon making reservation, certificate must be mailed to the address below.<br />

<br />

EXPRESS MAIL:<br />

Royal Caribbean International<br />

Attn: Accounting Department<br />

1050 Caribbean Way<br />

Miami, Florida 33132<br />

The value of the certificate will be applied to cruise reservation once certificate has been received.<br />

<br />

10. Gift Certificate is transferable when gifted.<br />

<br />

11. Gift Certificate is not redeemable for cash.<br />

<br />

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.<br />

<br />

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

Sent from the cat's Galaxy S8

I read all the restrictions but thought I would call my TA and see if I could use these to pay off $3000 ($300 potential savings) worth of a balance on a previously booked cruise. They said yes no problem. I am still not 100% sure -so I emailed a link of the verizon card to the TA so they know exactly what it is and I have a paper trail.

Side note: Verizon rewards will be canceling program Nov 1st

Ok, I read the T&C and I don't see anything that says you cannot transfer your booking to a TA after booking with Royal. We have made bookings with Royal or Celebrity to get their perks and then transfered the booking to our TA to get their perks. Anyone tried that yet?

Ok, I read the T&C and I don't see anything that says you cannot transfer your booking to a TA after booking with Royal. We have made bookings with Royal or Celebrity to get their perks and then transfered the booking to our TA to get their perks. Anyone tried that yet?

I have done it many times-not sure how that is going to work with gift cards -The one negative is that you loose control of your booking-if there is a price drop you cannot hop on it-you must go through your TA-I still do it 90%of the time.:cool: