What time to arrive for the Breeze?

AandBmom

We usually fly in the morning of the cruise so we don't really have much choice when to arrive at the ship, we just go straight there.

This time we're staying in Fort Lauderdale the night before then heading to POM in the morning by shuttle. What time is a good time to arrive? We have lots of kids with us and I don't want to sit around the cruise port for long. In the past we've almost always shown up, moved through quick lines and been on in no time.

Any advice for when to arrive to reduce sitting around is most helpful. I'd rather sit around our hotel and amuse kids there.

We're not the type who want to be the first on the ship, so we usually aim to get to the port at about 11. When we sailed the Breeze in 2014 we got the port around that time and had very little wait, and were able to board as soon as we made our way through the lines. The cabins were ready once we boarded as well. This was in 2014, so procedures may have changed and of course every sailing is different but that was our experience. Worked out well!

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed on 01/16/16 and they did not start boarding until 11:30am. We arrived at 10:30am and we're through security and check in 30 minutes. They then board by platinum diamond priority faster to fun weddings then general public by zones we were on by noon as we had faster to fun.

Both times we've cruised on the Breeze, we arrived at the port at 10:30.

Both times we had FTTF and have been on the ship by 11:30.

Guess it all depends on how quickly they can get everyone off the previous sailing.

Good luck and have a great cruise!:D

We usually fly in the morning of the cruise so we don't really have much choice when to arrive at the ship, we just go straight there.

This time we're staying in Fort Lauderdale the night before then heading to POM in the morning by shuttle. What time is a good time to arrive? We have lots of kids with us and I don't want to sit around the cruise port for long. In the past we've almost always shown up, moved through quick lines and been on in no time.

Any advice for when to arrive to reduce sitting around is most helpful. I'd rather sit around our hotel and amuse kids there.

Now, depending on your sail date, you may have to choose your boarding time to be able to enter the terminal.

Port of Miami - effective a couple weeks ago, Carnival implemented an assigned time embarkation. You need to go to the on-line check in page and select a time. If you arrive at port prior to your time, you will not be permitted to enter the terminal. Even if you have FTTF or are Platinum+, you still select a check in time.

I am cruising March 5 on the Glory and received an email from, Carnival announcing this change and instructions to select a time. This change is for ALL Carnival sailings from POM.

Port of Miami - effective a couple weeks ago, Carnival implemented an assigned time embarkation. You need to go to the on-line check in page and select a time. If you arrive at port prior to your time, you will not be permitted to enter the terminal. Even if you have FTTF or are Platinum+, you still select a check in time.

I am cruising March 5 on the Glory and received an email from, Carnival announcing this change and instructions to select a time. This change is for ALL Carnival sailings from POM.

Apparently, Galveston has followed suit. Just booked a 2017 cruise and I had to choose a check-in time. I chose the earliest time possible. Interesting concept. Wonder if it will help get people through the lines quicker???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we see they got the FTTF plan where you pay 59.95 to bypass the lines but wonder if is worth it or not we didn't use it last time we cruised has anyone ever used it?

We have FTTF for March 5. (I will be platinum after this cruise). For us, FTTF is worth it. HMC is our first Port and is a tender port. FTTF gets priority tendering. We want to get off quickly to get a clam shell.

We also like to board early and have access to our cabin. The quicker we get on board, the quicker the cruise begins!:D

Only you can decide of it is worth it. We used it last year also when we drove to port and wanted to get started on the long drive home.

Apparently' date=' Galveston has followed suit. Just booked a 2017 cruise and I had to choose a check-in time. I chose the earliest time possible. Interesting concept. Wonder if it will help get people through the lines quicker???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

Actually Galveston was the pilot program. since then It started in New Orleans and it's now starting in Miami.

I'm guessing it will be at all ports shortly

It's my understanding they have been enforcing the rules.

What i have read many people say it works well

Actually Galveston was the pilot program. since then It started in New Orleans and it's now starting in Miami.

I'm guessing it will be at all ports shortly

It's my understanding they have been enforcing the rules.

What i have read many people say it works well

I'm excited to try it out. The last time I cruised out of Galveston (in 2006 I believe), it was a nightmare. Must have waited in line for well over 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked on the Breeze last week for Apr 2 2017. I have not heard about the check-in yet. I have not done the normal check-in step yet. Maybe it comes up then. I am waiting for a few weeks to do the check-in until my daughters school confirms the dates of Spring Break in 2017. They won't announce the 2017 school schedule until sometime in April of this year.

Time to go look at Carnival website. What happens if you check-in for an early time and arrive later?

POM doesn't start the staggered check-in until 3/4.

Miami

Carnival Fantasy, 3/04/2016 until 11/04/2016 (repositions to Mobile)

Carnival Breeze, 3/06/2016 until 5/01/2016 (repositions to Galveston)

Carnival Sensation, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Glory, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Splendor, 3/20/16 and onwards

I did not receive an email, and have already completed my online check-in. It did not give me an option to choose my time, and I do not see a place to edit it after the fact.

We sail on Sunday Feb 7th

Does anyone know if you can edit?

When I look at my boarding pass it says 12:30 to 3:00