Stockholm vs. Nynanshamn

Envelope21

probably changing praising, I noticed that as well. Used to be 77 in total and now 65!

This is from Stromma- if you still want to do Stockholm on your own and don’t want to walk a mile to the train station.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, we will send buses to Nynäshamn for your incoming cruise ship. The buses will arrive just after the cruise ship arrives and will take as many passengers as possible. From arrival, the buses will wait for a maximum of 1 hour, if the bus isn’t already full. The journey to Stockholm will take approximately one hour, depending on the traffic. The buses will stop at Gustav Adolfs Torg in Stockholm, from where you can explore Stockholm on your own, or continue with the bus on the regular Hop On Hop Off tour, which will take you around the city and show some of the best points of interest.

Transfer to Stockholm from Nynäshamn is included with our regular Hop On Hop Off tickets, and is also valid for transfer back to the cruise ship. Transfer back to the cruise ship will be planned so you are back on your cruise ship at least one hour before the ship departure and the exact time will be announced to you on the transfer with our buses in to Stockholm. The pick-up place for the transfer back to the ship will be the same as the drop-off point.

The tickets you can buy ahead online are:

24h Bus Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 288*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

24h Bus & Boat Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 405*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

*The price above is with the 10% online discount we have for booking online. The regular price for the bus is SEK 320 and for the combination bus + boat SEK 450, which is also the price for purchasing the ticket at the dock/bus.

You can easily book and pay your tickets in advance and read more on our webpage: https://www.stromma.se/en/stockholm/cruise/

When you arrive just show the ticket at the bus. You don’t need to specify or select in the booking that you will take the transfer.

You can also purchase the ticket on the bus in the morning, but it’s recommended to book your tickets in advance.

For tickets on the bus, you can pay with credit card or cash. We take SEK, EUR and USD. Note that all change will be given back in SEK. We have no discounts for students or seniors.

You can find the route for our regular Hop On Hop Off buses here: https://www.stromma.se/globalassets/sweden/stockholm/product_maps/hopon-hopoff_bus/hoho_map_2017_high-oct.jpg

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice evening!

Med Vänlig Hälsning/Best Regards

Sara Olsson

Innesälj

Indoor Sales

STRÖMMA Turism & Sjöfart AB

Svensksundsvägen 17, SE-111 49 Stockholm, Sweden

tel: +46 (0)8-1200 40 00

fax: +46 (0)8-1200 40 30

sara.olsson@stromma.se

http://www.stromma.com

STROMMA operates in: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala, Copenhagen,

Helsinki, Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Geiranger, Ålesund, Amsterdam and Utrecht

v02_mail_Sthlm_475x85px

Member of Gray Line

Like us on FacebookFollow us on Instagram

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----

Från: Jamie Cooprider [mailto:daskathaus@aol.com]

Skickat: den 20 mars 2018 17:10

Till: bokning@stromma.se

Ämne: Stockholm hop on hop off bus question

Hello!

I will be cruising to Sweden on the Norwegian Breakaway in June 2018. I just found out we will be docking in Nynashamn instead of Stockholm on 23.6.18. Do your busses pick up at that port? And if they do, should I purchase my tickets now?

Any assistance you can provide will be helpful!

Thank you!

Renee Cooprider

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting...just went to My NCL, clicked on Explore and Plan, and then chose Stockholm (under the Filter By section). It shows NO excursions. I can click on every other port and excursions show up.

I wonder if that means they are loading up the excursions that are usually available from Nynashamn.

I just got the following email (we're on the June 16th sailing):

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

Recently you received a communication from us advising of an itinerary change for Norwegian Breakaway's 9-day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics from Copenhagen. Due to the change from Stockholm, Sweden to Nynashamn, Sweden we will provide complimentary transfers from Nynashamn to Stockholm. Please note transfer times to Stockholm will be available to you once onboard.

Also, 8 of the Nynashamn excursions now show up on My NCL; unfortunately, it doesn't include the two that I might be interested in (which are listed on the main website if you're just searching on excursions). But maybe we'll just take the free transfer - but I'm sure they'll manage to screw that up somehow (probably with crappy times that only give you a short amount of time to tour).

Interesting...just went to My NCL, clicked on Explore and Plan, and then chose Stockholm (under the Filter By section). It shows NO excursions. I can click on every other port and excursions show up.

I wonder if that means they are loading up the excursions that are usually available from Nynashamn.

I have been following this thread with interest, as well as the "sister" thread on the cruise critic NCL page. We have always been listed as Nynashamn (Stockholm, Sweden) for our 8/27 cruise, and have always had around 12 shore excursions listed. We are doing "Stockholm by land and sea" as it hits all the major sights (Vasa, Old Town, boat cruise around the waterways). I booked my NCL excursions back in January. Hopefully NCL will get their act together and get their excursions up for those who want to book through them.

We just got an email from our TA saying Celebrity has advised we will be docking in Nynashaumn instead of Stockholm and port times will remain the same. I'm not too impressed. What I'm reading here is that NCL extends the port time to make up for time lost getting to and from Stockholm. It's a ways off so I guess time will tell if they offer a shuttle "feel like a bunch of cattle" to and from.

We just got an email from our TA saying Celebrity has advised we will be docking in Nynashaumn instead of Stockholm and port times will remain the same. I'm not too impressed. What I'm reading here is that NCL extends the port time to make up for time lost getting to and from Stockholm. It's a ways off so I guess time will tell if they offer a shuttle "feel like a bunch of cattle" to and from.

The HOHO bus meets you right at the ship in Nynashamn and then you can use it in Stockholm. No need to wait for the masses to use the freebie shuttle from the ship. To me it is worth the 20something bucks to get there faster and easier. You can book your tickets ahead on Stromma.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks - I had no idea. I've only been on two ship tours in my whole life, so I don't know how they organize their tours. Does anyone know what the cancellation window is for Alla, Spb, Best Guides or any of the other reputable St. Petersburg tour companies that have branched out to Stockholm? You'd also need to check that they provide transportation or guide you on the train from Nynsahanm to Stockholm.
I am booked on an Alla Tour in "Stockholm" from the Breakaway on Sunday, September 30, 2018. They will be picking us up at the Port of Nynashamn.

"Stockholm Grand Tour (from Nynashamn) [group] -

07:00 arrival30 September 2018

08:00 A warm meet and greet with your expert guide and driver on the pier

08:00 - 09:00 Drive from the port of Nynashamn to Stockholm."

The HOHO bus meets you right at the ship in Nynashamn and then you can use it in Stockholm. No need to wait for the masses to use the freebie shuttle from the ship. To me it is worth the 20something bucks to get there faster and easier. You can book your tickets ahead on Stromma.

Thanks, that sounds like a really good plan, we'll definitely do that.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue last year on the Getaway. NCL lies, basically.

Alla contacted me weeks ahead to say they'd spotted the port change and assure me that they'd simply meet us in Nynashamn - which they did without any issue at all.

NCL only announced the change while actually cruising towards Stockholm, after several responses to my e-mails assuring me we were going to Stockholm.

So in summary, don't trust NCL, but do rely on the private tour companies and HOHO buses to be fully abreast of what is happening and being there ready to greet you wherever you do dock.

I thought Nynashamn was actually quite pretty.

Huntingdon, you should claim compensationffrom them for not fulfilling what they promise. Those of you who thinking about doing a cruise should choose another cruise line that actually do what they say that they will do. Perhaps NCL will get it then.

As long as people are still booking them, nothing will change.

Huntingdon, you should claim compensationffrom them for not fulfilling what they promise. Those of you who thinking about doing a cruise should choose another cruise line that actually do what they say that they will do. Perhaps NCL will get it then.

As long as people are still booking them, nothing will change.

Not necessary - I still enjoyed the cruise and, thanks to Alla, it caused me no practical disruption. I did complain about the lack of notification though.

Having seen the size of the space in Stockholm itself, I am surprised they ever thought the Away class ships could fit in there. Most times, it's just not going to be practical, and I think they made a mistake allocating them to that route. I think Spirit or Jade is taking over for 2019, and they'll be much better suited to it.

They are lying. NBW will be in Stockholm on the 23rd of June and Stadsgården S167 is available that day, the day before and the day after.

The same goes for the July 11th visit. the July 20th visit, August 7th visit. S167 is available on all those dates (and I would assume on

some of the others as well). IMO it's marketing trick to advertise for it to be Stockholm proper and then once the guests have

booked they announce that there is scheduling conflict or something like that. On some of NBW's visits both F638 and S167 are

taken by other ships though, You can check for yourself. http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

This is really awful. We actually chose our cruise 4 years ago based upon the fact that (at the time) the Royal Princess didn't have clearance to dock directly in Stockholm, and chose to sail on the NCL star because we were worried if our 3 year old melted down, we'd be an hour away from the ship (thankfully he loved this cruise, and Stockholm was one of his favorite cities). I think the cruise contract is pretty clear they can get away with this nonsense, but it really is quite unfair to the customers. It's one thing for a ship to be diverted due to weather conditions, but another for a cruise line to wait until after final payment to make a switch like this.

I think Spirit or Jade is taking over for 2019, and they'll be much better suited to it.

It is the Getaway again next year.

The Spirit has one visit to Stockholm scheduled, which will be the end/start of a couple of one way cruises. We don’t know where that will dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the Getaway again next year.

The Spirit has one visit to Stockholm scheduled, which will be the end/start of a couple of one way cruises. We don’t know where that will dock.

Ah, that must have been what I spotted. The website currently shows two 15-day Spirit cruises going there in August.

We booked on the Breakaway with a Stockholm itinerary. Saw a post somewhere that allowed you to look up the actual docking port. Alas, Nyn. it is. So we booked the HOHO bus that will pick us up in Nyn next week. Of course WEEKS after doing that, we got an email from NCL that there is a port change and they are offering a free transfer to Stockholm. We are sticking with the HOHO as we won't have to deal with figuring it out in the city but really??? NCL knew many weeks prior to our notification that they weren't docking in Stockholm. SMH.

We booked on the Breakaway with a Stockholm itinerary. Saw a post somewhere that allowed you to look up the actual docking port. Alas, Nyn. it is. So we booked the HOHO bus that will pick us up in Nyn next week. Of course WEEKS after doing that, we got an email from NCL that there is a port change and they are offering a free transfer to Stockholm. We are sticking with the HOHO as we won't have to deal with figuring it out in the city but really??? NCL knew many weeks prior to our notification that they weren't docking in Stockholm. SMH.

I am currently on the breakaway and the offered the Transport to Stockholm for 49 Dollars pP????!!!

I am currently on the breakaway and the offered the Transport to Stockholm for 49 Dollars pP????!!!

Yes that is what is showing up as an excursion for our 9/14/18 cruise also. I think it is because our cruise always listed our port as Stockholm (Nynamsham). Whereas for the others on this thread it didn’t note they weren’t docking in Stockholm so Norwegian is providing the transfer gratis.

Presuming nothing changes we will either take the train or the HoHo since the cost is significantly less and if our experience with Norwegian’s gratis shuttles on previous cruises are any indication, I would rather spend a few bucks rather than wait around for the bus to fill up.