Good morning from the Dawn

cs

We're having a great cruise so far! The suite perks are really nice!!! The captain made an announcement that we're heading south and may make it to Bermuda or Bahamas depending on Earl. Much better than going to Canada (no offense to Canadians)!

Will try to post more later if/when we find out where we're heading.

Good morning CS, and thanks for coming on and posting. Any word on the status of engine repair? Have a great cruise.

Al[/QUOTe]

We just got back from the meet and greet. Somebody asked about if the engine was repaired and the captain said (parapharsing here) no but we have enough horse power to do the job.

We're supposed to find out where we're going with the next NHC report around 11 today.

We're having a great cruise so far! The suite perks are really nice!!! The captain made an announcement that we're heading south and may make it to Bermuda or Bahamas depending on Earl. Much better than going to Canada (no offense to Canadians)!

Will try to post more later if/when we find out where we're heading.

Can you take pictures of the menus ? We will be on her from Boston to Bermuda in June.

Good luck with Earl ! Hope he treats you well as stays away !

We're headed for Bermuda!!! The most troublesome will be coming home through the storm. Will be disappointed (bold faced lie) if we get home late from our cruise!

Everything is wonderful! The staff is especially pleasant and our weather was really nice yesterday. We had no issues using our AC balcony on the front of the ship.

We're headed for Bermuda!!! The most troublesome will be coming home through the storm. Will be disappointed (bold faced lie) if we get home late from our cruise!

Everything is wonderful! The staff is especially pleasant and our weather was really nice yesterday. We had no issues using our AC balcony on the front of the ship.

So glad to hear this! You can't get home late though, because that means my cruise will depart late:mad:!

Have fun! Keep us updated if you are able! Kitty

My guess is that the Dawn will leave Bermuda on time but cruise very slowly to stay behind Earl. The Dawn can leave 12 hours late and still make it back to NYC in time. The problem on the next sailing could be Fiona and her projected path closer to Bermuda.

My guess is that the Dawn will leave Bermuda on time but cruise very slowly to stay behind Earl. The Dawn can leave 12 hours late and still make it back to NYC in time. The problem on the next sailing could be Fiona and her projected path closer to Bermuda.

So, does this mean the engine has been repaired?

CS...very nice of you to post and let us know how you all are doing.

Glad I waved to you the other day after you pasted under the Verrazano and I was going over it at 5:20. Did you see me waving and taking pics??

I saw you and you looked sooooo happy.....like I will be soon.:)

Enjoy Bermuda!!! We took the Dawn there last May '09 and love Bermuda.

Wishing you beautiful weather.

Check post #7.;)

Saw that but considering that was yesterday morning I thought there was more info.

It is strange that we didn't have enough power last week and had to leave a day early to make it back to New York on time yet it appears now they have plenty of power to meet the itinerary even with the engine down. I honestly hope that is the fact.

darrengs

agree with what you just posted. i was on the cruise with you and share your anger and cannot stand those that comment although they do not have all the facts

if indeed they magically have enough power to ride behind the storm when did the magicians on board fix the engine

?

I know. It seems like Fiona will affect our 9/5 cruise in some way. I wonder if we will leave late anyway. The seas will still have remnants of Earl on Sunday. Yikes!

darrengs

agree with what you just posted. i was on the cruise with you and share your anger and cannot stand those that comment although they do not have all the facts

if indeed they magically have enough power to ride behind the storm when did the magicians on board fix the engine

?

Yup, I remember you from the M&G. I am actually more disappointed in the handling of an NCL related problem (as opposed to an act of god) than angry over it.

Darren

Archived