First time cruising with a 3/yo

Arod1313

Hello. My wife and I are looking to book the Mariner out of Cape Canaveral in the summer of 2019. We’re looking to take my daughter on one of the 4 night Bahamas cruises who will just be turning 3 at the time. I’d like to keep the cost semi down as we will be at Disney for a week prior so suites are probably out of the question. The OV family room is also a little pricey for 3 right now.

I’d sleep on the 3rd Pullman if necessary or I know some rooms have the pullout couch—seems more restricted to book those rooms with just 3 people and also more pricey.

It’s always been just the two of us recently and we tend to get balcony rooms. when I was younger my parents would put 4 of us kids in an inside room with the Pullman’s and I’m hoping to never re-live that experience again so was hoping for the happy medium. just wondering what room category anyone else has cruised with a child that age that has been successful?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son has been cruising with us since he was a little over 2 (he’s 11 now and next cruise is next week). We usually have an inside but have also had balcony and one with a window. All were great. When he was little often he and I shared the big bed and hubby would take the pullout.

I think a stateroom with a sofabed might be your only option. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the minimum age for a pullman is something like 6.

But they would be able to book it. Dad says that he is willing to sleep on the Pullman.

A 3 year old can sleep anywhere....get the cabin you can afford. It will be just fine! Some folks take the mattress off the pullman and put it on the floor. I would NOT give a child the real bed...they don't need it. If there is a sofa, turn it around and let them sleep on the sofa...doesn't need to be made into a bed. Kids can sleep anywhere.

Our daughter (now 4.5yrs) just sleeps on the couch (not sofa bed). We couldn't flip ours on Allure so just lined up suitcases and coffee table along the couch to keep her in. Kids can sleep anywhere, I would NOT sacrifice an adults sleep to give a child the prime sleep area.

Growing up my friend had 5 siblings, they did a trip once and my friend slept in the hotel bathtub...with pillows under her to make it cushy. She was like 8 at the time and thought nothing odd about it. Kids can sleep ANYWHERE :-)

When we went with our 3 year old and 4 year old (different children and different years). The cabin steward would put the pullman mattress on the floor in the evening and put it away in the morning. It was perfect! He had no problem doing it and we always tipped extra at the end for the extra work. Much nicer than sleeping on the sofa.