S3 Sky Suite and the Magic Carpet

vvnh16a

For a number of S3 Sky Suite cabins they are located mid section and Jut outward from the ship. It appears the Magic Carpet will be going up and down about 3 times a day in front of these cabins...Should I be Concerned ??

My guess is that it will move up and down only once a day, and down to the bottom level only when tendering is necessary. No guests are on it when it moves. Unless you are on the deck 12 directly below the pool deck, where you'd have noise anyway from chairs scooting, people walking, and perhaps some sound from music on the pool deck and the added noise from activity on the magic carpet, I wouldn't be concerned.

I booked an S3 because of the magic carpet as I'm curious and wanted to see for myself. I have visions of me coming out of the shower with the drapes open at sea and have the Magic Carpet come floating by with a bunch of people having dinner and losing their appetites. :D I've booked a B to B on the newly listed 3 night cruises. The first is in the new infinite veranda when I'll try out some of the new alternate dining locations and the second in the S3 to experience the new Suite Class as compared to our last cruise in a Skye Suite. I'm just bummed that there are no perks, though our TA is giving us some OBC.

I booked an S3 because of the magic carpet as I'm curious and wanted to see for myself. I have visions of me coming out of the shower with the drapes open at sea and have the Magic Carpet come floating by with a bunch of people having dinner and losing their appetites. :D I've booked a B to B on the newly listed 3 night cruises. The first is in the new infinite veranda when I'll try out some of the new alternate dining locations and the second in the S3 to experience the new Suite Class as compared to our last cruise in a Skye Suite. I'm just bummed that there are no perks, though our TA is giving us some OBC.

FYI, the MC will not be traveling with guests as it goes from deck to deck ... so shower away.

• 5 weeks later...

It's a good thing I booked a B-to-B for Dec. 3 and 6 as my TA just called to tell me the third has been cancelled. He thinks it might be some sort of corporate preview or something like that. Fortunately, the sixth is when we booked the suite. However, we won't get to try the infinite veranda. Also, I was hoping the first three nights is when we would try various restaurants. We don't tend to "eat out" when we can eat in Luminea.:wine-glass:

It's a good thing I booked a B-to-B for Dec. 3 and 6 as my TA just called to tell me the third has been cancelled. He thinks it might be some sort of corporate preview or something like that. Fortunately, the sixth is when we booked the suite. However, we won't get to try the infinite veranda. Also, I was hoping the first three nights is when we would try various restaurants. We don't tend to "eat out" when we can eat in Luminea.:wine-glass:

Sorry to hear about the Dec 3rd cruise being canceled - I was afraid that they might charter one or more preview cruises. I hope mine are safe - the first one is 9 months from today and I am looking at airfare.

Any chance you can stay onboard and do the 9th?

For a number of S3 Sky Suite cabins they are located mid section and Jut outward from the ship. It appears the Magic Carpet will be going up and down about 3 times a day in front of these cabins...Should I be Concerned ??

Yes- We changed our cabin to an S2 on the other side- You will also have the railing for the magic carpet obstructing your view- better to spend a little more and enjoy watching it from the magic carpet itself-or another deck.

Yes- We changed our cabin to an S2 on the other side- You will also have the railing for the magic carpet obstructing your view- better to spend a little more and enjoy watching it from the magic carpet itself-or another deck.

Initially, I didn't think the rail would be such an issue on the S3 until I saw the edge block thread...

Now, I'm like.. OMG, I should have paid the $400 more!

But, considering we got our suite the day of release, using a inboard certificate, and that the cruise was way less than the aqua class when it sold out... I think we'll have to deal with it :-) My husband wanted to book the cheapest ticket to get us the suite perks so I guess that's what we've got, which is fine.

Initially, I didn't think the rail would be such an issue on the S3 until I saw the edge block thread...

Now, I'm like.. OMG, I should have paid the $400 more!

But, considering we got our suite the day of release, using a inboard certificate, and that the cruise was way less than the aqua class when it sold out... I think we'll have to deal with it :-) My husband wanted to book the cheapest ticket to get us the suite perks so I guess that's what we've got, which is fine.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. A new experience- Report back please!

• 2 weeks later...