Earliest Embarkation Emerald Princess in Barcelona

ridgerunner51

Thanks!

We had a flight that arrived in BCN at 7:45.

It did not take long to get through the terminal.

We had booked a private car to take us to the port.

We arrived there around 8:45. We sat around on the upper level and had a beautiful view of the ocean at an outside table and drank coffee at the little cafe up there until they started check-in. We were onboard by Noon.

We arrived there around 8:45. We sat around on the upper level and had a beautiful view of the ocean at an outside table and drank coffee at the little cafe up there until they started check-in. We were onboard by Noon.

Thank you! Who did you book the private car with?

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Hi,  did you by any chance have a flight out of Denver (DEN) and if so, what airlines did you use to fly to Barcelona?  Your connecting airports would be helpful too?   We will be first-time flyer’s to Europe, and I don’t even know where to start with the airline portion of our trip?   I have kinda been on the Internet, and looks like the only connecting direct flights to Barcelona from the US are Newark, Washington DC and Miami? 

7 minutes ago, ctompkins said:

Hi,  did you by any chance have a flight out of Denver (DEN) and if so, what airlines did you use to fly to Barcelona?  Your connecting airports would be helpful too?   We will be first-time flyer’s to Europe, and I don’t even know where to start with the airline portion of our trip?   I have kinda been on the Internet, and looks like the only connecting direct flights to Barcelona from the US are Newark, Washington DC and Miami? 

United DEN-IAH-BCN

Coming back I strongly recommend if you cannot get a non stop to DEN then book a connection to a European city IE Heathrow, Frankfurt etc  and get a connecting flight from there to DEN. 

We flew back through IAH and it was a mess.

Look at Princess EZ Air when it becomes available for your cruise.

The prices for flexible air have been outstanding.

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

United DEN-IAH-BCN

Coming back I strongly recommend if you cannot get a non stop to DEN then book to a European city IE Heathrow, Frankfurt etc  and get a direct flight to DEN from there. 

Look at Princess EZ Air when it becomes available for your cruise.

The prices for flexible air have been outstanding.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply!  Princess EZ flights for our Oct 13, 2019 Cruise open up I believe, Nov. 29th!

6 minutes ago, ctompkins said:

Thank you so much for your speedy reply!  Princess EZ flights for our Oct 13, 2019 Cruise open up I believe, Nov. 29th!

You are quite welcome......

Lufthansa has a flight to Frankfurt and Munich each day in the late afternoon.

You can connect anywhere from those 2 cities.

Princess EZ Air uses Lufthansa and United for many of them.

We flew United through IAH because I used mileage awards but have done it through EZ Air many times.

I highly recommend arriving at the port, dropping your bags at check in and then taking the port bus out to the Columbus statue and wandering up Las Ramblas for an hour or 2.. go to La Boqueiria Market.  it’s very easy and very safe and absolutely worth it to soak up the amazing atmosphere in Barcelona and stretch your legs after travelling.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Hi

What time are we able to drop off our bags. We are sailing on August 10, I would love to take my granddaughters to the Ramblas before we sail.

They started taking bags around 9:30am.

As long as there is not an issue with the disembarking cruise.

On 11/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, ctompkins said:

We're on the Northern Lights cruise just before we get on this one. When I booked flights from Sacramento (SMF) to Heathrow (LHR) I looked on cheapflights, cheapoair, etc. I have to fly "cattle class" so I decided to look at Virgin Atlantic as they have a better "cattle class" experience than United, Delta, etc. EVERY site I looked at quoted me $3,215 per person for a one way flight with one short layover in the US before the longer flight to London. They all listed a domestic airline (Delta) for the first (very short) hop and then a Virgin plane from there to London.

I booked the exact same flight numbers using Princess EZAir for $306 per person. That's less than 10% of any other booking site. (I see that today the flights are down to $303 per person but I'm not messing with them for a lousy $6 total savings.) Domesitic US flights don't really seem to be a "bargain" with EZAir but flying internationally is blowing my mind with what a fantastic deal they offered.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 8:03 PM, ctompkins said:

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hello. I am on the same cruise for a 22 day adventure. 

Glenn

On 2/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, Grburkart said:

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hello. I am on the same cruise for a 22 day adventure. 

Glenn

29 minutes ago, anzore said:

Feel free to send me a message.. I can walk you through your flights or give you some info

On 2/2/2019 at 8:28 AM, Grburkart said:

Glenn

Hi we have gotten our flights thru EZ Air for 1/2 the cost of doing it myself.  United Denver-Washington DC-Barcelona then Rome-Munich-Denver.

We are getting excited, got to do Taxes, then get busy researching the tours!

Thanks Everyone for you help!