Liberty Of The Seas Interior Stateroom

I sailed on May 6-13th, 2018 on Liberty of the Seas. I have only sailed once before and had booked a balcony stateroom for that cruise. This time I decided to try out an inward facing room. Yes, I figured that since most of my time onboard is spent elsewhere, why not save a few bucks. Here are my thoughts for anyone who is interested:

1. I stayed in room 8575 which is on the port side and closer to the stern than the bow. This room is at the top of the Royal Promenade and overlooks the Sorrento's Pizza place.

2. The room was slightly smaller than the balcony room but not objectionably so and I still had enough room to move around the room comfortably. There is zero difference in the bathroom size compared to the balcony room.

3. The room is exceptionally quiet. The soundproofing is amazing. Even when there was a big event going on in the Royal Promenade (like the Dreamworks Experience street party thing) you have to try really hard to hear anything going on outside the room. We didn't hear anyone in the hallway outside or in the room that was next to ours.

4. There is a small two-person sofa along one wall next to another sofa that is in front of the window. Small glass coffee table. Refrigerator. Makeup table that was very well lit with a hair dryer in the drawer.

5. The king size bed was identical to the one in the balcony room.

Bottom line: The interior stateroom was a great value and I would book one again if I was interested in saving some money. It was very quiet and comfortable. The only complaint I had (which was expected...I knew what I was getting into) was that there is zero daylight coming into the room (duh) and with the blackout curtains drawn you absolutely have to depend on your alarm clock to get you out of bed on time for, say, an excursion. Other than that the room was perfectly acceptable.

I will be booking a suite for my next cruise because I want to see what the suite experience is like and I suspect that I will really like it.

Thanks for the write up. We heard more noise in an inside underneath the Schooner then the promenade. However, if we are booking an inside room in the future we will not be in a promenade. My DW loves the complete darkness to sleep late and the promenade seems more cramped. We also put the glass table in the closet. Makes the room much bigger and gives you another storage shelf in the closet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We book inside about half the time. If we feel there is a lot to see from our window (beautiful island hopping as opposed to flat islands or Mexico), we book an outside. We have been very happy booking inside, with the exception of NCL. Their rooms are just TOOOOOOO small. Most inside rooms are fine, and we find we can go on more cruises by doing this. We spend so little time in our room that it really doesn't much matter.