Great Stirrup Cay Cabana

BandM

We've booked a large cabana for our September cruise for 7 adults.

Are they far enough apart not to hear neighbors' speakers? Some people are really inconsiderat of others. Loud music could be very intrusive and ruin a relaxing day on the beach!

Getting ready for our 10th overall cruise and 4th on NCL, cruising with friends that have never cruised before. Took advantage of the 10% off we receive on excursions and booked the large cabana for our beach day. It’s definently a splurge but it can get hot on the beach after a few hours and figured it would be special to do. Anyone have any cabana experience????

Once you go cabana, you can't go back :) I did this with my husband and two other friends two years ago... we got the large (I believe it was only a $50 difference between the two), and well worth every penny (although it was cheaper back then). You go to the tender when you want, no waiting in line ahead of time either early that am, or another day early. We used the full time we had on the island. I've heard that aside from the cabanas, there's not much shade at all It's very quiet and peaceful

We are looking forward “cabana time” on our next cruise. I’m not a beach person, though cabanas either poolside or next to a beach change the experience greatly. Thanks for the information everyone has provided. Now I’m worried that this will become the next crazy vibe wristband race. And speaking of the wristband race, that would be a great way for NCL to monetize the event,,,, gamble on people getting one, better betting on the ponies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hopefully this works....I’m attempting to attach pictures of the menu used to order additional food (besides the provided lunch) for your cabana. With each cabana, you get a $50 credit towards the items on this menu. Note: you are also charged gratuity on the items on this menu. (And I was charged sales tax on my drinks “purchased” with my UBP).

Menu is from January 2017 on the Epic.

57008E15-7421-4F88-930C-9ACCF3371DF9.thumb.jpeg.6ccadfc39599df5d19d4183d6a06e661.jpeg

C313A245-6DF1-41E9-8D88-A6C45D92FBE8.thumb.jpeg.8fbd3fa433dc53441fc61572be039120.jpeg

I went to book a small cabana for 12/23/18 and the price is $525! I thought these ran about 300. Anyone know anything about this? We are cruising in Haven spa mini suite so would like to know if the Haven area at the lagoon will be open. Thanks for any responses.

I went to book a small cabana for 12/23/18 and the price is $525! I thought these ran about 300. Anyone know anything about this? We are cruising in Haven spa mini suite so would like to know if the Haven area at the lagoon will be open. Thanks for any responses.

Nope -- $500+ is the going rate for small cabanas if you are on a larger ship. That's what we paid ($500) on the Escape back in February. I have no idea when the Haven part is opening, I haven't been paying attention to that. If you are in the Haven, that should mean you have the shore excursion credit, to $50 will be taken off the cost of the cabana.

• 4 weeks later...