Uber, taxi, or hotel shuttle?

Pisgah

We are staying at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

91 Southwest 18th Avenue, Dania Beach for a Jan 21 Cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Any suggestions on how 6 people should get to Port Everglades on a Saturday morning. We all have a 11:00 AM check in time.

The hotel offers a shuttle for $10 PP. I have had bad experiences with shuttle on past trips (having to sit and wait for the shuttle to fill up before leaving).

I have used Uber but never to got to a cruise port. We can split up and use different modes if necessary.

Looking for advice.

How many in your group? :confused:

UberX (Toyota Camry or similar vehicle) can handle 2-3 plus bags - any more than that (or if someone in your group packs like my wife :o) and you'll need UberXL (large SUV/van). You can price out the trip using an Uber estimator - plug in the start and stop points. No problem using Uber to PE

If you have 3-4 (or a lot of bags) a mini-van/SUV cab might be a cheaper option - same fare as a standard cab. ;)

91 Southwest 18th Avenue, Dania Beach for a Jan 21 Cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Any suggestions on how 6 people should get to Port Everglades on a Saturday morning. We all have a 11:00 AM check in time.

The hotel offers a shuttle for $10 PP. I have had bad experiences with shuttle on past trips (having to sit and wait for the shuttle to fill up before leaving).

I have used Uber but never to got to a cruise port. We can split up and use different modes if necessary.

Looking for advice.

From the Hyatt to the Port is a very short distance, take UberX, cost should be around $10, much quicker than their shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi or Uber. Stay away from the hotel shuttles. Use UberXL or get hotel to call a van taxi or use 2 UberX. Any of these should be cheaper than the $60 shuttle.

OP is using Hyatt in Dania Beach, not the one on 17th street. It's still not that far but it's the other side of the airport. Cab fare is generally around $25

Taxi or Uber. Stay away from the hotel shuttles. Use UberXL or get hotel to call a van taxi or use 2 UberX. Any of these should be cheaper than the $60 shuttle.

OP is using Hyatt in Dania Beach, not the one on 17th street. It's still not that far but it's the other side of the airport. Cab fare is generally around $25

Sorry, UberX still the better option, maybe more like $15! Very impressed with Uber drivers we used last month in FLL.

Edited by mllewis48

Where do you pick up Uber at the FLL airport?

There is a defined area outside of the terminal after getting your luggage clear to the right of the terminal exit. Ask a airport person. We got a luggage carrier and took our bags to the pickup point. I then requested a UberX, cost us $16 to the CY Marriott on the beach. Nice driver and car, took about 10 minutes till he showed up.

I'm following. I'm at this same hotel for a cruise departing Jan 28th. I've never used Uber before but am thinking about it from the hotel to the port and maybe even a couple times pre cruise to get wine and things.

I'm following. I'm at this same hotel for a cruise departing Jan 28th. I've never used Uber before but am thinking about it from the hotel to the port and maybe even a couple times pre cruise to get wine and things.

Do it it worked well for us! CY Marriott to Port was $8.

Thanks for all the replies. We decided to go with South Florida Shuttles.

Good price for 6 of us ($8 each). It's a private shuttle, we don't have to wait for it to fill up. I would have done Uber but the other couples out voted me and they want to stay together in one van.

Edited by Pisgah

Looking for advice.

Try downloading them miride app. We used it last week for our large family + luggage. You can pre-book your ride. They are prompt & professional. Use code canell25 for a discount on your 1st ride. It's the only service I will use going forward as I've had bad experiences with uber & cabs.