NYC Hotels - cruising out of Manhattan Cruise Terminal

StuckiTribe

We're cruising on the NCL Escape to Bermuda out of NY June 10-17, 2018. The girls and I (ages 24, 14, and 13) are wanting to travel to NY on 6/7 or 8th to do some sightseeing prior to leaving on our cruise, so I'm asking for recommendations for hotels on Manhattan near Times Square/Midtown that will be safe for 4 girlies traveling alone. My budget is <$300 a night preferably, which is hard to find. I've searched the threads, but really want to get some firsthand recommendations if possible. My husband and the boys will be flying in late Saturday, just to crash somewhere to get on the ship Sun am, so we may consider changing hotels to stay somewhere closer to the port Sat night, since we'll need 2 rooms. We do have AAA. I've also considered VRBO or AirBnB for a condo or apartment. I would like to take the girls to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, 9/11 Memorial, and probably Statue of Liberty. We'll most likely walk/subway, cab if we need to. Just wanting to get some recommendations- thanks!

Right now, I have planned to fly into Laguardia, but we could fly into Newark as well. It's been hard to find any hotels with 2 queen beds- they are almost all 2 double beds. I have booked at the Renaissance Midtown and Holiday Inn Express Midtown West right now I think. Is it better to stick with a chain hotel or are there some smaller hotels I should look at? I'm not wanting anything super fancy, and it definitely doesn't need to be right in Times Square- just within 5-10 blocks so we can walk around. I just want to show my girls the sights since we're sailing out of NY this time (the boys aren't interested at all).

Right now, I have planned to fly into Laguardia, but we could fly into Newark as well. It's been hard to find any hotels with 2 queen beds- they are almost all 2 double beds. I have booked at the Renaissance Midtown and Holiday Inn Express Midtown West right now I think. Is it better to stick with a chain hotel or are there some smaller hotels I should look at? I'm not wanting anything super fancy, and it definitely doesn't need to be right in Times Square- just within 5-10 blocks so we can walk around. I just want to show my girls the sights since we're sailing out of NY this time (the boys aren't interested at all).

Are you willing to prepay? United.com has the Sheraton Times Sq at 52nd St for $251 plus tax. Very central location - walkable almost anywhere in midtown.

Are you willing to prepay? United.com has the Sheraton Times Sq at 52nd St for $251 plus tax. Very central location - walkable almost anywhere in midtown.

Really good location. You could walk to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We've stayed at The Stewart Hotel which was an amazing location. It was in the $300 range. It is very close to Penn Station so if you are flying into Newark it would be very convenient as you can just walk. We were able to easily walk or take a subway to all of the locations you have mentioned.

• 3 months later...

Hotel rates in NYC totally depend on the day/date and what's happening (or not) in the city when you need a room. My sister and b-i-l are going into the city tomorrow (July 3) and staying for 4h of July festivities. They're paying $116 for the night at Sheraton Times Sq. Why so low...everyone leaves the city for 4th of July and goes to the shore, the mountains etc. Practically no one goes into the city for the 4th of July. THus...super cheap deals rather than an empty room. Next week, it will be $300-something a night. Sometimes you can get a deal on Travelzoo for a future booking, too.