Anthem of the Seas Junior Suites - Decisions, Decisions...

Ashley8053

Hi, all. My fiancé and I are getting married on board the Anthem of the Seas leaving Cape Liberty in August 2018. After the ceremony in port, we're doing the 5 night sailing to Bermuda. Since this is a "mini honeymoon" of sorts, we want to have a nice, large room where our friends can come visit, sit on the balcony and enjoy a drink or two before going to dinner. We are currently booked in a category FJ, a family junior suite on deck 9. For around the same price we could do a JS or Junior Suite. Does anyone have any thoughts on a particular cabin, or a particular floor to recommend? I keep looking up reviews and they seem very similar, so hoping my fellow cruisers could share their experience - thank you!

A family junior suite booking and up entitles you to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner. The food and dining experience is a notch or two above eating in the regular dining area downstairs. Once you try it, you won't want to go back down. :)

A family junior suite booking and up entitles you to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner. The food and dining experience is a notch or two above eating in the regular dining area downstairs. Once you try it, you won't want to go back down. :)

I believe it's (dinner only) for any JS category...not just the FJS....GS and up anytime (meal) dining at Coastal Kitchen.

You might want to consider the SJS instead...just for personal comfort...love the split bathroom and tub with separate walkin shower. Not crazy about the JS or FJS on Anthem.

To each their own, but I did not care for the SJS. Only one bathroom has a toilet so I found my self playing (literally) musical chairs every morning. ;-)

So I should have specified, the room is ONLY for the two of us to stay/sleep in, but since a lot of friends and family will also be cruising with us, I'd love to have a gathering spot for a drink or just meeting up before dinner. It sounds like both options would be tight. I do like the idea of having two toilets in the cabin so will likely stay away from SJS. Any other suggestions, perhaps with a larger sitting area or balcony? Thanks, everyone!

So I should have specified, the room is ONLY for the two of us to stay/sleep in, but since a lot of friends and family will also be cruising with us, I'd love to have a gathering spot for a drink or just meeting up before dinner. It sounds like both options would be tight. I do like the idea of having two toilets in the cabin so will likely stay away from SJS. Any other suggestions, perhaps with a larger sitting area or balcony? Thanks, everyone!

Just so you understand...the JS, SJS & FJS only have "one" toilet none of them in this category offer two....and I'll still stick with my recommendation of the SJS. Try looking at a YouTube tour of each of these options so you'll know what to expect with each. Best of luck on choosing what will work out best for you personally.

Just so you understand...the JS, SJS & FJS only have "one" toilet none of them in this category offer two....and I'll still stick with my recommendation of the SJS. Try looking at a YouTube tour of each of these options so you'll know what to expect with each. Best of luck on choosing what will work out best for you personally.

The Family Junior Suite (FJS) has one full bath (toilet, sink, tub/shower) and a second half bath (toilet and sink).