Southern or Eastern Cruise

mom42

Trying to decide on our next cruise we are planning for January 2019. Trying to decide between an Eastern or Southern Caribbean from Miami. I know both would be beautiful but looking for feedback

What are the specific ports? Are you wanting shopping and beaches? If so, then eastern is great. I would chose southern however for two reasons: 1) less common and 2) more cultural. Aruba is beautiful and an off road trip to north shore is one of our favs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SO ports are Aruba Grand Turk curaçao and la romana. Eastern is San Juan Grand Turk st Kitts and st Martin. I don't really care about shopping looking more for great beaches clear water and history/culture

I've done the eastern a few times...love love love St. Maarten...however in a few weeks I'll be doing a southern and can't wait! Aruba is beautiful as well...you really can't go wrong with either[emoji3]. Maybe the ship can help you decide??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I vote for Southern. Eastern is our least favorite in Caribbean. We have been to the ports mentioned above but our Southern this January is going Aruba, Curacao, Amber Cove and Santo Domingo. Loved Aruba and Curacao on our other Southern cruise but have not been to Amber Cove or Santo Domingo. Southern is higher price than Eastern though.

Thank you for the feedback. We plan on going on the Horizon. The Southern will sail on January 12th and Eastern

On January 26th. I know both will be fun. We've done the Eastern before but not St Kitts or St Martin. The only

Port we've been to on the So is Grand Turk. I just can't decide