Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 15

pierces

Dave - do these pictures have to be while on a cruise? Or can they just be of anything?

YES! Anything is the right answer and that makes it fun. Don't be shy!! Share lots here and check back often.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 139,343 views for this posting.

Dave - do these pictures have to be while on a cruise? Or can they just be of anything?

They keep letting me post and I haven't been on a cruise yet. I post mostly nature/wildlife shots. With my new 12mm lens, I'm trying more landscape and weather shots as well.

Pierces posted something to the effect of get out and use your camera. If a photo makes you happy, share it.

6 weeks to go until Alaska.... :D

Edited by flatlander321

This idea came to me few years ago. I started picking a picture taken during every week of the year that represented an event (or was just pretty) and then made a Blurb book at the end of the year. I started the threads here to encourage folks to use their cameras for more than cruises and birthdays.

As the nice people said in the previous posts, anything goes!

Welcome to the P-A-W Project!

Here's a link to my gallery for 2016 to give you an idea of how non-cruise-centric the project is:

http://galleries.pptphoto.com/paw2016

Dave

We just got home on Monday.

On Tuesday we saw our Finches -- 2 males and 1 female. Finally Friday my DH unpacked my camera and I got pictures of a pair of them. This is the earliest we have seen them. Of course our weather is cold and snowy -- not their kind of weather.

Finches%20001_zpsympzjsvo.jpg

Finches%20002_zpsxv88nhv6.jpg

Finches%20004_zpsgs743ogs.jpg

New camera received last week, and I had been waiting until the weekend so I could get out to the wetlands and try it out! Here are some shots of various birds with the new Sony A6300:

One shot taken with the LA-EA3 Alpha mount adapter and Tamron 150-600mm lens - a black-necked stilt:

original.jpg

A cattle egret - normally all white with a pale yellow bill, but at mating season they really turn on the colors, transitioning into this brilliant display of purples, reds, oranges, and reds in their face, bill, and eyes:

original.jpg

An anhinga on approach, hitting the air brakes just before landing:

original.jpg

Another brilliantly colored cattle egret flying overhead:

original.jpg

A great blue heron flying elegantly past, while calling out:

original.jpg

During my pre-dawn walkabouts aboard the allure, I got into the habit of stopping by the Diamond Lounge and enjoying a Cappuccino and the silence. Good times.

Classy Cuppa

p2085332102-5.jpg

Dave

Dave,

I love the warmth of this image. Some images just strike a chord, this one, does for me.

If you don't mind, what camera, lens and settings did you use?

Thanks

Mark

Glad you like it! This was one of my favorite places on the Allure.

It was shot at 1.0s at ISO800 with a Sony A6000 and an 8mm f/2.8 Rokinon fisheye set at f/11 (I think...it is totally manual and doesn't transmit aperture settings to the camera).

Dave

Edited by pierces