St Johns Status

miss_rach

We hit port 1 Dec and were planning to get head to red hook to ferry to St Johns for the day at one of the beaches and then find some places to eat and drink by the pier waiting for the ferry back.

Is that still a possibility now after the storms?

Cheers!

Hello,

We'll be in St. Thomas December 24th from 8am to 5pm and hoping to get out to Trunk Bay. If anyone can provide updates in the coming month I would greatly appreciate the info! Also, can someone provide me with the best way to get to Trunk Bay (if open)? I've been a few times and the taxi to the ferry to the taxi option is pretty brutal. Anyone know if there are private charters that can drop you off directly to St. John (or even better Trunk Bay or one of the other nearby beaches)? Anyone interested in getting a private charter please let me know.

Thank you,

Gio

I was looking at the Cinnamon Bay/Trunk Bay website yesterday and they are not open; says "help us reopen in 2018." I am heading to St. Thomas in two weeks and was hoping to take the ferry to St. John (we are in port for 12 hours and was hoping to take advantage of having that much time). I was reading that while the beaches look great, most of the buildings were badly damaged or destroyed and power is just now being restored.