Pesos needed? & length of taxi to Blue Kay

CruisingGiants

We are planning to take a taxi to Blue Kay -- do we need to change our American $ for MXN? Does Blue Kay take American $ or credit?

Also, how long of a taxi drive is it?

Edited: -- never mind I found it was 8 minutes :)

If we were to take the people mover, where do they let us off? I know it goes past Blue Kay and we'd have to walk back -- but how long is that walk? Would the people mover only take pesos?

Edited by CruisingGiants

Tram takes US$. First stop at Tequila Beach. You need to head tot he paved malecon and turn left then walk 5 minutes to Blue Kay. You will pass one or two other places which may or may not be open (Senor Frogs used to be in one of these and they closed).

I doubt it takes 8 minutes to taxi to Blue Kay. But it will take you a couple of extra minutes to exit the cruise port to get a taxi, instead of getting on the tram inside the cruise port complex. Better to walk out and take the taxi, IMO.

Blue Kay, and any beach club will take US$. No need for pesos for anything.

Tram takes US$. First stop at Tequila Beach. You need to head tot he paved malecon and turn left then walk 5 minutes to Blue Kay. You will pass one or two other places which may or may not be open (Senor Frogs used to be in one of these and they closed).

I doubt it takes 8 minutes to taxi to Blue Kay. But it will take you a couple of extra minutes to exit the cruise port to get a taxi, instead of getting on the tram inside the cruise port complex. Better to walk out and take the taxi, IMO.

Thanks so much!

• 4 months later...
We are planning to take a taxi to Blue Kay -- do we need to change our American $ for MXN? Does Blue Kay take American $ or credit?

Also, how long of a taxi drive is it?

Edited: -- never mind I found it was 8 minutes :)

If we were to take the people mover, where do they let us off? I know it goes past Blue Kay and we'd have to walk back -- but how long is that walk? Would the people mover only take pesos?

Hi,

Any updates to add about blue Kay? Heading to costa maya soon.

• 3 weeks later...

C

Where else does the tram go? Is it public transportation? .....like a public bus ? What is the cost?

C

Where else does the tram go? Is it public transportation? .....like a public bus ? What is the cost?

Tram is private, owned by "port" investors.. Heads only to the malecon. Stops at Tequila Beach, then along the road near where anyone says they are going. When it reaches the end of the malecon, past Noch Kay, it take the return street back to the port, empty. If you get off the tram, along the way, you probably need an idea of where you are going. If you're just going to wander down, skip the first stop and take the second where ever the tram stops. Not a lot between Tequila Beach and the Mercado. From there the places along the malecon begin.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Taxi's will take you anywhere you ask them to. No need to navigate back. They will drop you off right there. :)

Great thanks! We leave for our cruise Saturday so I’m super excited to go to Blue Cay (we usually just hang out at the port area in Costa Maya). It will be a nice change and it looks beautiful there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums