Who has been to Ship Wreck'd?

mitsugirly

Looking for information on this place.

To me, it looks like it's a bar over the water, but after researching a little more, I do believe they also have chairs and palapa's on the beach as well (I think they started out that way and just expanded at the beginning of this year with the over the water bar area).

From the pictures I have seen, the water does sorta remind me of Maya Chan...where the water isn't crystal clear and there's seaweed and stuff floating in it.

However, I did read something about good snorkeling there. I'm wondering how far of a swim out it is and how "good"? I did see a youtube video on it, but they seemed to take a kayak out and actually went in the water. I'm not sure I'd be able to get back in a kayak if I got out. LOL

Anyone that has been here...let me know your thoughts. :)

I have been to CM many times, and was looking for something new also. I had read about the place on Tripadvisor, and decided to give it a shot. Long story short, don't waste your time. I messaged with the owner prior to my visit, and he said it would be an $8 cab ride there (turned out to be double) It was difficult to even find a driver willing to take me there. It is indeed a bar on a dock, but the food was terrible (bordering on inedible) Don't even think about using their restroom (and if you do, bring some TP from the ship, as there was newspaper sitting on top of the toilet tank, as well as no toilet seat) The water was pretty murky, and not really much of a beach. I know this sounds like harsh criticism, but it was just not good at all...

I have been to CM many times, and was looking for something new also. I had read about the place on Tripadvisor, and decided to give it a shot. Long story short, don't waste your time. I messaged with the owner prior to my visit, and he said it would be an $8 cab ride there (turned out to be double) It was difficult to even find a driver willing to take me there. It is indeed a bar on a dock, but the food was terrible (bordering on inedible) Don't even think about using their restroom (and if you do, bring some TP from the ship, as there was newspaper sitting on top of the toilet tank, as well as no toilet seat) The water was pretty murky, and not really much of a beach. I know this sounds like harsh criticism, but it was just not good at all...

Just read your review and it didn’t seem like you had too much trouble getting taxi back from Shipwreck, or did you walk back to town?

Also saw your photos of El dia de los muertos, where did you find the indoor photo?

Thanks

Thanks for your review. While I take everything into consideration when picking a place, it does not make my final decision. We are pretty easy going and probably wouldn't be eating there (since we are only in port from 7-2pm, which means heading back to the port area around 12:30 and we will eat a big breakfast prior to leaving the ship).

My main concern is the water and it being murky (like Maya Chan with seaweed). Most of the pictures I have seen online of this place, it seems like the water is just like Maya Chan. MC is a great establishment with an excellent staff and wonderful food, however...the beach/water is not what I usually desire. That is my main concern. We can have a good time just about any place we go...but I do like some crystal blue clear water.

They did call a taxi when I was ready to leave... $15 back to the port. The indoor photo was at the restaurant, La Choza.

Just read your review and it didn’t seem like you had too much trouble getting taxi back from Shipwreck, or did you walk back to town?

Also saw your photos of El dia de los muertos, where did you find the indoor photo?

Thanks

They did call a taxi when I was ready to leave... $15 back to the port. The indoor photo was at the restaurant, La Choza.

Thanks! It cost $15 from Shipwreck to the Malecon? I thought from your report you stopped off there as well?

I have seen the nativity scene set up at La Choza did the realize they did most festivals.

Yes, the price was $15 back to the port, but I had them drop me off at the malecon, and they charged me $10 from ship wrek'd to there...

Thanks! It cost $15 from Shipwreck to the Malecon? I thought from your report you stopped off there as well?

I have seen the nativity scene set up at La Choza did the realize they did most festivals.

I have seen the nativity scene set up at La Choza did the* realize they did most festivals.

* didn’t

Yes, the price was $15 back to the port, but I had them drop me off at the malecon, and they charged me $10 from ship wrek'd to there...

Oh OK - sounds expensive but I guess that was the price for 1-4 people? Sounds like you were traveling solo?

That was probably why your taxi out was more expensive than you thought.