Rent a golf cart from Karib or WetMoney?

Produce123

I am not sure about Wet Money but we always picked Karib over other vendors because of the fuel cost. Other vendors had made you come back with a full tank where Karib charged a flat $6. Our friends used another vendor and had to put gas in the tank. It cost them over $20 to fill up the tank with gas, where we simply paid the $6. I've used them numerous times.

Thanks. I hope to find a fast golf cart when I arrive. Read your review about Grand Turk and it seems like you got a slow cart from WetMoney.

Fast cart, slow cart, either way a lot of the roads make it impossible to go fast anyhow (unless they have fixed them). :D

We used Karib, I liked the option of giving them $5 (this was last year) in lieu of filling up the gas tank. The golf carts are a great way to explore the island and find a quiet beach to relax on.

Karib was very good at getting back to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

are both Karib and Wet Money right there at the cruise port? What do they require, license and credit card? I'm assuming they are left alone, when we get out to export a site and/or at governors beach or getting a bite to eat somewhere? Are parking spots readily available?

Can we book these in advance or is it a first come first serve? We are there from 7-2 in January.

are both Karib and Wet Money right there at the cruise port? What do they require, license and credit card? I'm assuming they are left alone, when we get out to export a site and/or at governors beach or getting a bite to eat somewhere? Are parking spots readily available?

Can we book these in advance or is it a first come first serve? We are there from 7-2 in January.

All of the golf carts are right outside of the security gate at the port. Just walk through the parking lot and you'll see them once you exit the cruise port.

They are first come first serve and I HIGHLY recommend reserving one now. They can sell out pretty fast, especially if there are 2 ships in at the same time. I know for our last trip there, all vendors were sold out about 2 months prior to us arriving.

I can only speak for Karib since that's who we always use. You reserve on their website and then you pay the remaining cash balance when you arrive. (Cash only, just like most ports/vendors). You don't need to show a credit card or license or anything like that. You can park anywhere and just take the key out. Grand Turk is a very laid back island and not many people that you will encounter.

I booked online thru Karib for an upcoming cruise in February -- they were responsive and it was easy but we did pay the entire amount for one golf court upon booking (online thru Paypal). Got the invoice and receipt, all seems good so far.

Curious about golf cart rental... have never been to GT before. Where do you go on golf carts? How easy to navigate? Definitely intrigued by this option!

Grand Turk is a very small island. Something like 7 mile by 2 miles or something like that. You can go all over the island on the golf cart. We typically go to the light house, the old prison, ride around and just sight-see, stop by Governor's Beach for some quiet time. Stop by Jack's Shack when we're done for some food and spend the rest of our time there before going back to the port.