Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

Awesome review! Did I see "Baked Alaska" in one of your photos? I was asking if they still serve that recently. I found out they don't! Keep the reviews coming!

Thanks for reading! Don't recall seeing baked Alaska on my last few cruises. :cool:

• 3 years later...

hey Jeff, 

just got off the Sunshine cruise.  loved it!! loved the retro cruise too!

although i've been to Boston (45 years ago,  so it really doesn't count) you showed me things that weren't there then. i've never been to Portland, St.John, or Halifax, loved loved it.

we went to the steakhouse on 3 different ships,  the Elation was the best, the other two were far from it,  i actually sent my steak back becasue i asked for medium and got it sooo over done it was impossible to eat. the chef came out to see what the problem was, i showed him my steak, he said well done, no,  i said yes but i asked for it medium. 

Almost forgot to mention the best part, the pictures of New York naturally!!!

i'm off to the Pride!!  see you there 🙂

hugs, 

Nicki

Edited by princess76021

34 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

hey Jeff, 

just got off the Sunshine cruise.  loved it!! loved the retro cruise too!

although i've been to Boston (45 years ago,  so it really doesn't count) you showed me things that weren't there then. i've never been to Portland, St.John, or Halifax, loved loved it.

we went to the steakhouse on 3 different ships,  the Elation was the best, the other two were far from it,  i actually sent my steak back becasue i asked for medium and got it sooo over done it was impossible to eat. the chef came out to see what the problem was, i showed him my steak, he said well done, no,  i said yes but i asked for it medium. 

Almost forgot to mention the best part, the pictures of New York naturally!!!

i'm off to the Pride!!  see you there 🙂

hugs, 

Nicki

Glad you enjoyed your first New England / Canada cruise. Now back to the Pride for what was a top 3 cruise for us. A 14 day Journeys repo cruise that included a partial Panama Canal transit. Enjoy! 😎

• Like 1

I enjoyed your trip pictures and narrative so much that I had to go look at our pictures from our Canada/New England cruise with Princess.  Just what we need in these trying times.  Wish we could go cruising again soon.

Hope you are all well and that we will be on the ships soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

I enjoyed your trip pictures and narrative so much that I had to go look at our pictures from our Canada/New England cruise with Princess.  Just what we need in these trying times.  Wish we could go cruising again soon.

Hope you are all well and that we will be on the ships soon.

Until we are able to cruise again, all we have are the memories of our previous cruises to hold us over. That's why we take plenty of pictures and do these reviews,  as it's a way to relive past vacations. Glad you also had pictures to look back at. Be safe! 😎

• Like 1

Thanks again, Jeff for doing this review. I have just reread it and enjoyed it again. It is a way to cruise vicariously during this time of no cruises. I have retired now, after 47 years of teaching and want to do this itinerary soon. Meanwhile we are still booked for a cruise in December out of Port C. Hopefully, we will be sailing then ! Best. Wishes to you and Patti !