SKY Cuba trip May 19 -25 Restaurant Food

daka

We were on the SKY in December to Cuba also, I have comments coming, but firstly.....It seemed to us that the food in the Dining rooms has GREATLY IMPROVED.

We were on the Sky last September and found the food and service in the specialty restaurants to be substandard compared to the rest of the fleet. We platinum plus members and sail on NCL ships multiple times a year and the food was so bad that we called in the Restaurant Manager to express our total disappointment.

We were on 3 weeks ago & were very happy with the food. Still dreaming about the slider appetizer.

Sliders? Like mini hamburgers? That's what's in the MDR on NCL and that's what you dream about?

Lord help me next week...

We were on the SKY in December to Cuba also, I have comments coming, but firstly.....It seemed to us that the food in the Dining rooms has GREATLY IMPROVED.

Glad you had a good experience. We got off the Sky on the 18th and our experiences with Crossings and LeBistro were anything but great.

The dinners in Crossings (1 dinner) and Palace (1 dinner) were very good, lunches (4) were also good...that said I don't expect 5 star meals on the mid range priced cruise lines....(3 star for those)

We had a $150 credit so we used it up at Cagneys, excellent Fillet Mignon, sides of sauteed spinach and mushrooms were also very good, Le Bistro we had Duck breast, and another Fillet Mignon also with excellent sides....(4 star)

The Buffet was a bit disappointing compared to the buffet on Princess and Celebrity...(2-3 stars)

I have no complaint about the service which was all 5 star...

Sliders? Like mini hamburgers? That's what's in the MDR on NCL and that's what you dream about?

Lord help me next week...

It's an appetizer, and it's really good -- mini burger, with coleslaw on the sandwich and a very spicy sauce. Tiny wedge salad on the side. I get one every dinner :)

I was on the Sky in April and enjoyed every meal in the main dining room. I find it much better than Princess.