parking san diego

4luv2cruise

There is a parking lot right across the street. It is $15 per day. There are other lots that are cheaper and have shuttle service to the pier. Also some hotels will let you leave your car if you stay there pre-cruise.

Best place to park is at San Park Pacific Highway, its only 10.00 per day and they will shuttle you to the Cruise Terminal and pick you up when you return. This is where I park my car when I go to Vegas for the weekend.

Take the Civic Center Drive exit off the I-5 or the Exit that says to Cruise Terminal and make a right turn on Sassafras street and head down to the very end. This lot is connected to the Airport runway and is only 3 to 5 minutes to the Cruise Terminal.

SAN Park Pacific Highway

3302 Pacific Highway

San Diego, CA 92101

1,600 Parking Stalls $10 per Day

Phone: 888.2-FLY-SAN

This is there website: http://www.san.org/airport/parking/long_term.asp

Fred

Thanks to everyone for the advice. It's realy appreciated. thanks again!:D

I do not recommend the parking across the street. First off, it is not $15 a day it is $18. ( As of Aug 07) Second, although it looks close, right across the street but that is deceiving. The reality is, after you drag you luggage off the ship or out of customs, and through the port area, and down the sidewalk to a cross walk and then back down the sidewalk on the other side of the street to a gate at the parking lot then across the parking lot… to your car, well, all of a suddenly you realize it is father away then it appears in the mirror!

For our last 5 cruises on Elation (Yep we do enjoy Elation) we have used the San Diego Airport Parking Company on Kurtz street. $8 bucks a day, easy to get to just off Rosecrans. Secure, great shuttle service, and if you so desire for a reasonable fee they will even wash/detail your car. Oh did I mention it is only $8 a day. Reservation strongly suggested. Here is the link. http://www.sdap.net/rates.nxg

Here are the two best resources for information about parking for the cruise ship pier:

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/san-diego-cruise-tips.html#directions

There is no indoor parking at Lane Field, so if you want a garage you will probably pay even more (see the list above). There is also no shuttle from there, so you must first drive onto the pier, drop off your party and luggage, go park, and then walk back. The airport parks that also provide shuttles are often cheaper, easier to get to, and provide a free shuttle for your entire party.

I often use the Mission Brewery site as it is $8.00 with their usual discount, but sometimes other lots offer special deals, and it is a small lot and lately has often been full (make a reservation if you plan to use it).

You can also get information about coupon and special priced parking at this site (today, for example, Park and Go is a better deal):

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

FYI on the great photo Bigdaddy posted- At the extreme left of the picture a high rise is barely visible. That is the Holiday Inn. At the center of the photo is the Amtrak station. It's the 2 story building with the white bell tower. Behind the bell tower is a high rise with a pointed roof. The San Diego trolley station is on the ground level and lines go to various places in the county.

There have been a lot of posts about Amtrak, the trolley, and Holiday Inn...the photo really shows how convenient they are!

The Park and Go Lot was great. They shuttle you, and give very good service.

We will be using them again in November..Also they have a coupon and if you make reservations, you park closer to the office.

Jan

for the lot across the street theres also the people on bikes with the carriage or whatever its called, they will take you and your luggage over to the terminal for 10$

we used them to take all of our luggage and we just walked,

it was really easy...

i think its called Lane field..

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/san-diego-cruise-tips.html

heres a link i found,

Archived