Miami Hotel

sunshinegirl29

Heading to Miami for a pre-cruise night. Any suggestions on a nice hotel that is walking distance to restaurants/shopping.

Check out the Florida departures board. It has a gazillion threads on this that you will find helpful. Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I have stayed a few times at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and it really cant be beat for location. Near many restaurants, CVS or Walgreens, cant remember which one, but it was just down a couple of blocks from the hotel. Bayside across the street, with many touristy shops and many more restaurants as well as tours to take from there. My last stay there in 2015 was however not as good as before. It was still fine, and I did get a very good rate, but there were issues with the room, like extremely hot water from the cold tap in the bathroom, and a toilet that worked but often took some "work".

Last year, I decided to switch up my routine, and stayed out by the airport at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. The customer service there was exceptional, and the room was more than adequate. While there are not touristy areas around, there is a shopping area across the street, with a Publix supermarket, a liquor store, a Starbucks, and a popular Cuban restaurant, also a Burlington coat factory.

Just down the road a block was a Walgreens, and across the street from there a CVS.

there was a very well organised shuttle to the cruise pier for 10.00 pp. If two or more, probably still better to do an Uber or a taxi.

After my cruise I stayed one night at Embassy Suites Miami airport, was also very nice, but there is nothing near by to walk to, so you are stuck there, to eat, or order in take out, but they have a nice two hour happy hour, free drinks (basic) with chips and such.

Just my 2 cents. There are many many more nicer and probably more expensive places but may be better for what you want or want to be near.

Stayed at the airport Embassy Suites last week. It was terrible. Worst Embassy Suites we have ever stayed in. It is undergoing renovation, which by the condition of the room, they desperately need.

Cocktail hour consisted of pita chips, hummus, salsa and chips. No vegetables and dip, no popcorn. Husband’s mixed drinks were good, but wine selection was awful.

In October 2017 our group stayed for one night at the Hampton Inn Midtown Miami. There's a brew pub just around the corner (like a four minute walk out the front door) that worked great for an evening meal. The hotel was opened in 2017 and was very comfortable and clean. It's also centrally located and close for Uber / Lyft to downtown, South Beach and the Port of Miami.

We have stayed 2X at the Marriott Vacation Club So. Beach. Great location on So. Beach but far enough from the booming music so that you can actually sleep. Very easy walk to the fun. Use to have free drinks on the roof, but not sure if they do that any more

We stayed at the Lord Balfour on South Beach. Easy walk to Miami Beach nightlife (we ate a Joe's Stone Crabs and Prime Italian, both were great). 20 minute Uber ride to the ship, with no more than a 2 minute wait for pick up.