Pride of America - which hotel does NCL use?

kokopelli-az

They use the Marriott. It is in a great location and when we stayed there back in 2009, NCL had their own check in office, took your picture for your room card and even gave you a lei. Once you got to the port the people that stayed at the Marriott had their own check in line as well which made it fast and easy

Since my trip was in 2009, it might have changed but that is what is usually listed in their hotels section as well

I am looking at a promotion by NCL that includes a precruise hotel in Honolulu. The description says "a free night at a Waikiki Beach hotel before your cruise (normally from $235 per person)".

Does anyone know which hotel it would be?

NCL put us in the Marriott on the 15th floor overlooking Waikiki beach. Nice suite. We watched the Pride pull in on second morning. Just left the luggage in our room, and it made its own way to our cabin. Overall, it was perfect.

(From my iPad, so please forgive the errors)

A place to eat, pub grub so to speak, is Lulu's:

http://www.luluswaikiki.com

Turn left on Kalakaua coming out of main entrance, just a block or so on same side of the street.

It is Hawaii! Expect all prices to be double what you expect. $12 hamburger was tasty but hard to swallow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed free night precruise at the Marriott last September. Room ok. Elevator out entire time. No A/C in lobby. Long wait for shuttle to pier. Protestors woke us 7 am right outside our balcony.

Cruise Pre-check in didn’t stop us from having to check in again at the pier. I would not recommend staying here.

NCL put us in the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel in April this year.

We also got the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for the night before our Feb. 2017 cruise. It's right across the street from the Marriott, but I'm not sure if we will still be able to use the NCL check-in at the Marriott if we are across the street.

We also got the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for the night before our Feb. 2017 cruise. It's right across the street from the Marriott, but I'm not sure if we will still be able to use the NCL check-in at the Marriott if we are across the street.

Yes I know this happened back in Feb 2017 - maybe it is still part of a current promotion.

If NCL has booked you and/or others at the Aston go across the street and check out the arrangement with the

NCL office that is reported to be in or near the Marriott.

There maybe some arrangement booking you at the Aston as overflow from the Marriott.

If the shuttle to the ship leaves from the Marriott you should be able to catch that as part of the NCL deal.

Check out how the luggage is handled from hotel to cabin on ship.

Ask more questions - NCL should have (more) answers !

Yes I know this happened back in Feb 2017 - maybe it is still part of a current promotion.

If NCL has booked you and/or others at the Aston go across the street and check out the arrangement with the

NCL office that is reported to be in or near the Marriott.

There maybe some arrangement booking you at the Aston as overflow from the Marriott.

If the shuttle to the ship leaves from the Marriott you should be able to catch that as part of the NCL deal.

Check out how the luggage is handled from hotel to cabin on ship.

Ask more questions - NCL should have (more) answers !

Yes, I will be going over and checking it out, but it's a little stressy not to know ahead of time. I have a lot of ifs in my situation, because I do have the transfers provided as well, so I know I could catch it from the Marriott, this has been confirmed repeatedly by NCL, BUT, not sure...

1- how luggage collection will happen at Aston, across the street from Marriott,

2- we will be at Kualoa Ranch on the morning of embarkation, and we are hoping NCL will still take our luggage, as I understand it does go separately from pax, but nobody is sure if you need to be on site or on the NCL transfer yourself for the luggage to stay, or if though NCL gave us transfers, we void them if we don't ride at same time as luggage, even though they are on a different vehicle..

3-In case they don't take it, we will return to the hotel and check, but then assume we won't be able to ride ourselves at that point, as they "usually" go at 1:00pm, and we will be returning at 2:00pm, so we may still need to catch a cab.

I have called and asked NCL on this, and there was a lot of checking and maybes and changing their answer and not answering all of it. Same thing, 2nd call. I'll try again, but kind of figuring at this point it will be something I have to discover in person. I figured it's too many specifics to have someone else match up who actually sees this and replies.

I'd call the NCL people actually at the Waikiki Marriott, good luck !

I called the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, and became the spud in a phone hot potato game, lol. But you are absolutely right- I really should try the Marriott, even though I won't be their guest- wasn't thinking of the NCL staff there. Thanks!!

When we were at the Aston in April, they had an NCL desk setup in the lobby area.

We were transported from the Aston to the pier. Our luggage was picked up separately.

!! Thank you, I really, really appreciate hearing about this!

• 1 month later...

Question - FI and I recently booked our POA cruise for September, and picked the Honolulu hotel the night before as the extra included perk. I'm glad someone has mentioned what hotels have been used before. However, I wanted to ask - when/how do you get notified of the hotel arrangements? Thank you!

Question - FI and I recently booked our POA cruise for September, and picked the Honolulu hotel the night before as the extra included perk. I'm glad someone has mentioned what hotels have been used before. However, I wanted to ask - when/how do you get notified of the hotel arrangements? Thank you!

Did you go through NCL? I went through a TA, and they told me what it would be during the booking- I think they were told when they called on something else. I'd call whoever booked you, and they may have the answer. My understanding is that they usually use the Waikiki Beach Marriott, and occasionally the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. They are next door to each other.

Did you go through NCL? I went through a TA, and they told me what it would be during the booking- I think they were told when they called on something else. I'd call whoever booked you, and they may have the answer. My understanding is that they usually use the Waikiki Beach Marriott, and occasionally the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. They are next door to each other.

Yeah, I booked directly through NCL. I saw on this post it was either Marriott or Aston, but I'd like to know for sure where we will be staying, what time we can check in that Friday, arrangements for getting to the port the next day, etc and wasn't sure if NCL would email, would post somewhere on my account, or when this information would be relayed.

Yeah, I booked directly through NCL. I saw on this post it was either Marriott or Aston, but I'd like to know for sure where we will be staying, what time we can check in that Friday, arrangements for getting to the port the next day, etc and wasn't sure if NCL would email, would post somewhere on my account, or when this information would be relayed.

If you have never been, book the Pearl Harbor excursion. They pick you up at the hotel, do a nice tour (including USD Arizona Memoral by boat), then they take you to the gangway to board You leave your luggage in the hotel room. It magically appears later at your cabin door. Smoothest boarding I ever had.

So I just logged into NCL - hadn't since soon after booking the cruise, a couple of weeks ago - and it does show on the vacation summary that we will be staying at the Marriott. I guess it just doesn't show right away after booking, and they update with the info sometime later :)

If you have never been, book the Pearl Harbor excursion. They pick you up at the hotel, do a nice tour (including USD Arizona Memoral by boat), then they take you to the gangway to board You leave your luggage in the hotel room. It magically appears later at your cabin door. Smoothest boarding I ever had.

We definitely want to check out Pearl Harbor, but may do so the day before and not with the cruise line. We're planning to fly in Thursday and can spend some time Friday checking out Honolulu. Thanks for your input!

So I just logged into NCL - hadn't since soon after booking the cruise, a couple of weeks ago - and it does show on the vacation summary that we will be staying at the Marriott. I guess it just doesn't show right away after booking, and they update with the info sometime later :)

That's great! Glad you have the info.

Also- I recently tried NCL again, as I was calling them to prepay tips, buy the soda package (not available online for some reason), and make some dinner reservations anyway. Here is what they said:

Aston will have a desk set up, just not like the office at the Marriott. On check-in, I'll go there, and they'll give me instructions on luggage and shuttle. They said I would need to be there or my luggage would not go (this is counter to what other agents have said), but that it wasn't just a single time. I will supposedly have choices over the day, so I'll be able to select the time I want, and go then. This is good news as I was worried my morning tour would mean we couldn't use the transfer. Now, this might all go out the window in person. I'll try to update after the trip, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of detail on this particular facet.