Swimming as a solo passenger ?...

cruisefan2012

Dont know how quite to word this but go with me

Have just booked Azura to the Canaries in October 2019 - Will be going on my own

Would love to take advantage of the Autumn sun and maybe use the pools onboard

I`m male and will be in just shorts in the pool, Would the cabin card work if its wet? if put in a shorts pocket?

What do other solo passengers do if they want to swim? I ask because I dont know if I would feel safe leaving a bag with a towel on the sun loungers unsupervised?

You should be fine many people leave their things on the loungers while swimming and in the case of your cruise card unless they know which cabin your in only you will know the cabin number as it’s not printed on your card

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I swim almost daily onboad and usually alone, I'm swimming lengths for up to an hour so have my head down and therefore my things could be easily stolen and I've never had any issue with my items being touched apart from when they've blown away and someone has kindly recovered them for me.

As long as you have nothing with you to identify your cabin the keycard isn't of much use. Theoretically someone could steal it and try every cabin door to see if it works (unlikely) or attempt to run up a bar bill on it (again unlikely given that ships security could easily go through camera footage and work out who it was and then track them back to their cabin).

If you are still concerned, or just have other stuff with you, then go to the gym and ask for a locker which will either be a code pad or a key with a wristband you can swim with, I do this to store my kit if i'm going to gym/swim/sauna but if I'm just swimming I don't bother and really don't think you need to worry about it. BTW - there is an advantage in taking your stuff up and getting a locker in that the showers are generally much bigger and more powerful in the spa/gym so I find them much easier and quicker to shower in than the cabin one.

I've done many solo cruises and love to swim; I've never had any problems at all with my things been touched even when sunbathing on one of the higher decks. People are generally honest on what is a closed environment. Your cruise card doesn't have your cabin number on so in the unlikely event that someone removed it then they wouldn't know which cabin it opened. I never take cash on deck with me; just the card, but often have my phone in a moneybelt and it's a;ways been safe.

As someone else has said the adult only pool is in the spa and free for all adults to use. Give reception your key card they will give you a key to a locker in the gents changing room. Plenty of clean towels in there also showers and steam room. Sorted.

As someone else has said the adult only pool is in the spa and free for all adults to use. Give reception your key card they will give you a key to a locker in the gents changing room. Plenty of clean towels in there also showers and steam room. Sorted.
Sorry I didn't mean get a locker only if using the spa pool. Use the spa locker then walk through to the bigger pool. If you use it early morning or early evening you often get it to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I tried out one of those waterproof pouches you hang around your neck, swimming in the sea in Caribbean & it worked fine. May be of use to you if you swim from a beach whilst in port. Never had a problem with leaving things on a sunbed on board.

My husband swam in pool with his key card in his pocket a couple of years ago & it didn't work again. Easily replaced by reception