Maasdam March 15, 2020 sailing almost full

madera1

While onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam last week we received a flyer listing sailings on the Maasdam. Just looked at the 19 dat South Pacific and Hawaii cruise and was surprised to find most cabins taken. Is this unusual and could it mean a large group may have grabbed rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam last week we received a flyer listing sailings on the Maasdam. Just looked at the 19 dat South Pacific and Hawaii cruise and was surprised to find most cabins taken. Is this unusual and could it mean a large group may have grabbed rooms?

The Maasdam is now sailing with their new high-enrichment "InDepth" onboard cruise programs and unusual itineraries. Hope this is a good sign this new format is very popular and fills an unmet niche.

We ran into the same thing on another InDepth Maasdam cruise for next year (SF-Yokahama) - almost no cabins left on that one too. We are currently enjoying the very first run on the InDepth Maasdam programs so this is still a work in progress - so far so good. Very good.

I'm booked on that cruise and the one before as well. I booked at the end of June and there was a lot of availability at that time. When I did a dummy booking just now, I see a lot of available cabins. It doesn't appear that anywhere near most cabins are taken. Is that what they said on the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Another issue might be if one is signing up for a "collectors cruise" - maybe they only keep a few cabins open for this double segment booking - while there are more options for each segment. Ours is a "collectors cruise" - best to keep checking later to see how things are shaking out. Esp after final payment is due.

I will look again but I had noticed not that many verandas were still available. I will continue to read of others experience with the new EXC program. At this point would only book the 19 day segment.

When I booked, as a collector's cruise, they had allocated certain cabins to single sailings and other cabins to the collector's cruise. My PCC was able to pull the cabin I wanted from the 2 single sailings and book them for me for the collector's cruise.

We have had that happen on several ordinary cruises. Just a few cabins available for Collector Cruises while tons of cabins were available for shorter cruises segments.

If you have a good TA, they can call HAL and maybe get you the cabin you want -- in other words released from inventory.