Booked excursion w/Carnival gift cards...now excursion cancelled

Hogladyrider

Received a form letter today from Carnival that our excursion has been cancelled on our upcoming 3/10 Vista cruise.

Booked and paid for excursion with Carnival gift cards.

Form letter stated credit has been issued to me credit card.

Question will Carnival mail me a new gift card as they did not have my credit card.

I called Carnival but the rep I spoke with was pretty lost.

Thanks in advance.

Update......we received our refunded Carnival Gift card today delivered via Federal Express. Speedy service for sure, just wish they did a little better job in the communication department.

Received refund in time if we want to book something else or save for a future cruise!

Happy ending.

What happens when you pay partly with a credit card and partly with gift cards? How is a refund issued in that situation?

Same way. They will put what was paid on the credit card back on that and what was paid in gift cards will be sent back to you, My gift card refund was slow though, like 4 weeks.

Update......we received our refunded Carnival Gift card today delivered via Federal Express. Speedy service for sure, just wish they did a little better job in the communication department.

Received refund in time if we want to book something else or save for a future cruise!

Happy ending.

I had the same thing happen, but I wasn’t expecting $40 to arrive via Fed Ex and had not changed my address on my profile. Fed Ex went to the old address (my previous neighbor saw him) and it took months to get that straightened out.