300 Minute Internet Promo

jenidallas

For those who have sailed under one of the promos this year that included the 300 minutes of free internet.

Has anyone had success in getting this converted to a credit against an unlimited package? We anticipate we’ll need the unlimited package during our transatlantic but already have the 300 minute credit so wondering how/if they can be combined.

The ship have always been happy to reduce the price of our unlimited internet package by our loyalty status internet equivalent so I imagine you will be fine.

Logical customer focussed concierge staff have always been one of the unsung highlights of Seabourn for us compared to mainstream cruising.

The answer is yes, now what is the question :)

Henry :)

For Diamond members who have unlimited internet included: We were allowed to gift our coupons to pax who didn't have the 300 included minutes. A couple of new friends we met onboard were very appreciative

(even bought us a drink ;) )

We received this promotion for our upcoming Nov. 4 cruise. We asked to have it converted to credit toward the purchase of an unlimited package (request was made via our TA) and we were told no, no, no. I called Seabourn myself and asked again and was told, no, no, no. I will try once again while we are on board, but am not optimistic. At this point we plan to use up our free benefit minutes and the see how much additional time we need. We may end up buying the unlimited package...or maybe we will use our phones in port.

That's exactly my issue. We have the 300 minutes for a transatlantic. Hubby and I will both use at least that just doing office check-ins. If we were on a port intensive cruise, we'd be fine as we can turn our phones into hotspots. But at sea, our hands are tied.

That's exactly my issue. We have the 300 minutes for a transatlantic. Hubby and I will both use at least that just doing office check-ins. If we were on a port intensive cruise, we'd be fine as we can turn our phones into hotspots. But at sea, our hands are tied.

Hi Jeni we are on same T/A as you. When were you told of the 300 mins wifi deal as we have asked about it thro' TA who cannot get information from SB. Also, when did you book? Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Hi Jeni we are on same T/A as you. When were you told of the 300 mins wifi deal as we have asked about it thro' TA who cannot get information from SB. Also, when did you book? Thanks.

We booked in June of last year but rang our travel agent this past winter when they were running one of the big sales and we noticed the fare was less than when we booked. They moved us to that promo which included OBC plus the 300 minutes of internet.

We have just booked a voyage (May 2019 Kobe to Vancouver) which also came with 300 minuntes wifi for each of us (we had the same deal last June). Our TA asked SB yesterday if it could be applied to a complete package. She was told that we would have to wait to address that while onboard.

If they say no, I think we'll handle it this way. I'll use up 600 minutes (hopefully they will let me have them all ) and we will also get the package. That way we can both be on the computer/ipad etc at the same time. When I use up the minutes, then we'll have to share the package.

We each had the 300 minute internet loyalty package last month on our trip. Seabourn square subtracted the value of both packages from one unlimited plan, which we shared. It was much appreciated and made the unlimited plan fairly reasonable.

Such a shame that Seabourn is the only luxury cruise line still charging for internet. I had heard several months ago from my TA that the powers that be were considering a similar program as Regent. Anyone else hear about this?

Such a shame that Seabourn is the only luxury cruise line still charging for internet. I had heard several months ago from my TA that the powers that be were considering a similar program as Regent. Anyone else hear about this?

The luxury line Hapag Lloyd until recently continued to charge 0.19 Euro per minute for internet, no other option. Now they offer an hour of free internet per day per suite, free email, free social media, and after that you can buy a data package ( rather than by time), with price depending on how big it is, or stick with 19 cents a minute.

Between the free hour per day and hot spots from ports, my internet bill was zero on the MS Europa cruise I just finished last week, but I was not on a crossing.

Apparently enough people complained about slow internet with high charges.

The future will likely have better internet on ships and either “free” or cheap fees.

We each had the 300 minute internet loyalty package last month on our trip. Seabourn square subtracted the value of both packages from one unlimited plan, which we shared. It was much appreciated and made the unlimited plan fairly reasonable.

This is terrific news and makes me happy. We will take our minutes benefits to Seabourn Sq. after boarding and see what kind of deal we can work out toward an unlimited package and share that. That would be perfect for us, and to supplement the use of our smart phones while in ports. Very hopeful.