Fountain soda prices?

grg

I used to laugh about people who carried on soda till I learned how easy it is. Of course, we came in a day early, which made the trip to the grocery store rather simple. The hotel had a courtesy van within 3 miles--just a tip to the driver. Publix had a "buy 2, get 2 free" special on my daughter's favorite product. 2 girls on a 10 night cruise would have been over $160 for a "soda and more" package for each, I paid about $13 for 48 cans at Publix. I taped 2 cartons together, taped on a luggage tag, and we had more than we ultimately used delivered to the room.

The hotel was quite used to this--they supplied the duct tape as well as a stapler to attach luggage tags to the suitcases. Their only request was that we do the tagging in the hotel lobby as someone had wandered off with one of the staplers the day before.

Since we couldn't take them home on the plane, I gave the extras to the crew.

In the past, for one daughter, I had purchased the "soda and more" package. For 2 kids, I couldn't wrap my head around another $160. It was probably in part that we had no perks on this cruise and very little OBC.

On Ruby Princess in November 2014 they did sell individual sodas both ways, $1.75 for a tiny glass of fountain soda or $2 for a can. I have not seen or heard of gun sodas available a la carte since, only cans--though they have held the price at $2 so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Our next cruise is Alaska. If it isn't easy to get what she likes in Vancouver' date=' I plan to hit the Walmart in Ketchikan on day 2.[/quote']

Okay, now I'm curious- Vancouver is huge and you should have no problems finding pretty much anything you wanted, while Ketchikan I would image to have a much more limited selection at higher prices- what is it you are looking for?

Okay, now I'm curious- Vancouver is huge and you should have no problems finding pretty much anything you wanted, while Ketchikan I would image to have a much more limited selection at higher prices- what is it you are looking for?

Part of my issue will be limited time in Vancouver and no real desire to run all over. She likes to drink Diet Dr. Pepper. I'll be pretty much at the mercy of the hotel staff and the taxi driver in Vancouver. I haven't booked the hotel yet, but I've done a search for stores in the general area we plan to be and haven't found a whole lot. If I can get it there, great. If not, I can probably get it at the Wal-mart in Ketchikan.

We were actually pleased with the store in Ketchikan. It is the cleanest, most decent Wal-mart I've been in! This was the "guess what I forgot" trip on our last Alaskan adventure.

In the past' date=' for one daughter, I had purchased the "soda and more" package. For 2 kids, I couldn't wrap my head around another $160. It was probably in part that we had no perks on this cruise and very little OBC.[/quote']

The change from $5/day for the soda sticker to $8/day for the and-more sticker has priced me out of the market.

I am a big soda drinker. Way too hard to bring a large quantity of soda on board.

For this, and a few other reasons, I'm on a break from cruising.

There is an IGA in Ketchikan and soda there was only about .30 more per 12 pack than back home. Doesn't matter to me, though. I purchased the "Soda and more" package and my DW will tell you - they WILL lose money on me. I've been a Diet Coke fanatic for the last 25-30 years. I normally go through a 12 pack a day.