Port Question

sonlight

As mentioned best to ask the cruise line. If this is an itinerary that essentially repeats from cruise to cruise they normally will have this information readily available. Sometimes if that is not the case they may not for all ports because sometimes it is subject to some change.

Keith

Keith1010 - Thanks; that's exactly what I was trying to find out. I was wondering how you know which pier the ship will dock at once it reaches the particular port. Specifically the Valor cruise on 5/12/12 going to St. Thomas VI, Antigua, Tortola BVI, and Bahamas.

Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far.

In most Caribbean islands, there aren't 'choices'. If this is about meeting a private tour guide, they will know where to find your ship. It's pretty hard to hide a big cruise ship. :)

One that might be in question could be St. Thomas. Princess and HAL mostly dock at Crown Bay many other lines dock at Havensight. They are separated by about 20 minute taxi riding depending upon traffic which can be slow.

In Antigua, there is only one docking area.

Keith1010 - Thanks; that's exactly what I was trying to find out. I was wondering how you know which pier the ship will dock at once it reaches the particular port. Specifically the Valor cruise on 5/12/12 going to St. Thomas VI, Antigua, Tortola BVI, and Bahamas.

Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far.

I would do three things.

First try contacting the cruise line directly to see if they can tell you.

Second, post on the Carnival board to see where the ship docked at on recent sailings.

Third, google each port to try to find the cruise ship terminal(s). Some of them provide a schedule of cruise ships so you can find yours.

Keith

The original poster is not trying to find the ports. Rather, the specific piers and their location/address.

Keith

DOes the not show the area? Damn my old brain.

I just used a site- can not recall what it was.

we were looking to see where we dock in Cozumel

While cruise lines publish their port calls, they don't regularly publish exact dock locations because it ultimately is not up to them at all. There might well be a "usual" place for them to dock, or they might dock at a specific terminal (in a large city), but If it is a place where there are multiple alternatives (and you might not realize that that is so), check with the port authority or harbormaster. As has been posted, most have web sites at this point, and they do make the information available generally quite far in advance.

If you are asking because you are setting up a private tour, I wouldn't worry too much. The local tour operators know almost better than the cruise lines when the ship will arrive and where it will dock.

Hi

I also find it really useful to check port schedules for how many and which ships will be in the same day.

This is useful , as you can gauge how busy it will be and possibly book excursions or not depending.

This year we berthed in Antigua with 3 other large ships , so we booked a private tour on line to work around all the crowds. At other ports of call we were the only ship and we did half day excursions and were able to wander happily for rest of day.

Google port authority for area and go from there.

Regards and happy cruising.

Hi

I also find it really useful to check port schedules for how many and which ships will be in the same day.

This is useful , as you can gauge how busy it will be and possibly book excursions or not depending.

This year we berthed in Antigua with 3 other large ships , so we booked a private tour on line to work around all the crowds. At other ports of call we were the only ship and we did half day excursions and were able to wander happily for rest of day.

Google port authority for area and go from there.

Regards and happy cruising.

www.cruisett.com

www.cruisetimetables.com

www.cruiseReport.com/portsofCallList.aspx

http://portfocus.com

Archived