All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Hi all, this is my first trip on Jewel on the 30th of May sailing. I was just looking at the deck plans and noticed that there's currently a pizzeria in the solarium, but on the deck plan that covers my sailing this disappears. Are they taking it out? Are there any other small cafes on board? We're massive fans of a late night pig-out in the park cafe so I'm hoping that there's somewhere doing midnight c

We will be on this sailing as well - have you checked out our roll call? Can't wait!!

On Pizza:

I Called Royal yesterday and they said the deck plan is wrong for the current dates (our cruise) and it mistakenly omits the pizzeria. Supposedly they will fix the web site.

On Pizza:

I Called Royal yesterday and they said the deck plan is wrong for the current dates (our cruise) and it mistakenly omits the pizzeria. Supposedly they will fix the web site.

I am not as critical as some about Royal's pizza, but the pizza served in their solarium cafe (I think that is what it was called in 2014 was among the worst I've had anywhere. There was another retrofit after my 2014 cruise. I might have to go look at what the current plans do say.

We are hoping for good pizza starting tomorrow on Jewel as it is some of the best sorrentos we’ve had over our cruising history, this past 8 days on Freedom. Just fingers crossed it is not too terrible lol.

On the pizza on the Jewel -

fingers crossed indeed! - please let us know. Thanks

We are hoping for good pizza starting tomorrow on Jewel as it is some of the best sorrentos we’ve had over our cruising history, this past 8 days on Freedom. Just fingers crossed it is not too terrible lol.

Have a great cruise, but get off the ship quickly next Sunday!

We are leaving from Miami on the Jewel for a 10 night southern Caribbean cruise on February 15, 2019. It doesn’t show up in the brochure, but my TA assures me it is an available cruise!!! I think they did a little shuffling because of the still unsettled state of SJ.

we're on the 9/18/18 cruise too :)

have you joined our roll call on here?

I'm happy to help or answer anything crystalb.avon at gmail.com

Thank you ! I believe I have joined the roll call :rolleyes: but I may have done something incorrect.

Any idea if there are theme nights/formal nights and when? that would assist me in making dinner reservations, etc...

do I need an adaptor for my room ? (we are staying in Italy after the cruise, so I guess I'll be bringing one anyway).. what is the entertainment like on the ship? And am I correct in seeing that there is only one a la carte restaurant (Japanese)? Getting really excited !!!

We are leaving from Miami on the Jewel for a 10 night southern Caribbean cruise on February 15, 2019. It doesn’t show up in the brochure, but my TA assures me it is an available cruise!!! I think they did a little shuffling because of the still unsettled state of SJ.

I think you are right. Because, I am getting on the Jewel when you get off on February 25th for 16 nites Panama Canal.

On Pizza:

Yes!! You're a star :D

Alright so as far as the pizza.... it ok I’d say lol. Not terrible but definitely not as good as last week on Freedom. So is it a good snack? Yes. But not great lol. Hope this helps.

Being from Green Bay, can you rate the cheese?:')

Alright, so I’m not trying to start any rumors because I could be wrong in the times etc....

At the top tier event one of the people speaking said something about it was just released to them today (yesterday) that they would be going to Dubai after Europe and not returning to do Caribbean after their Europe season. Again, not sure in the timing but I did hear them say something along those lines.

Being from Green Bay, can you rate the cheese?:')

Oh god.... don’t even get me started on their “cheese” as they call it. White cheese in the made to order omelets instead of cheddar etc lol. Weird white cheese sauce for nachos. It’s not terrible in the pizza tho. Since mozzarella is what’s supposed to be on it but yeah.

How about the MDR cheese rolls tho!? Sooooo good. Too bad you have to special request them now, so we never get them right away. Last night had a basket of 8 of them for our table of 2 lol. [emoji847]

Alright, so I’m not trying to start any rumors because I could be wrong in the times etc....

At the top tier event one of the people speaking said something about it was just released to them today (yesterday) that they would be going to Dubai after Europe and not returning to do Caribbean after their Europe season. Again, not sure in the timing but I did hear them say something along those lines.

Hi we have booked Jewel Dubai to Rome March 2020

And, we are booked for February 25th for the Panama Canal cruise.

I hope you are wrong and they will be in Dubai in 2020.

Hi Grammy8kids,

Wanted to reassure you that our "Feb. 15 - 25, 2019 Southern Caribbean 10 nt. cruise from Miami", is still on. Please join us over on our Roll Call: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605928

The Jewel of the Seas doesn't sail to Dubai until November 30, 2019 (from Rome) thru March of 2020. Here's the notice from RCCL's Deployment Dept.: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/Deployment_Dubai_JW.pdf

So those of us sailing on the Jewel during February 2019 are just fine. You mentioned that it doesn't show up in the brochure. That's because the Jewel is replacing the Navigator of the Seas, which will be in dry dock getting Royal Amplified refurbishments during January & most of February 2019. (1st cruise out of dry dock is Feb. 24, 2019 for the Navigator.)

Hope this helps you out. See ya over on our Roll Call:)

Happy Sailing,

Suzy B