All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Just off the jewel. Couple of comments:

City of dreams show - kinda of like mediocre karaoke

West end to broadway show - much better although there is no coherent flow from scene to scene

Juggler is great

Mo5iac group is fabulous

Let me know if you have any questions!

Oh god. THAT nightmare???? I sat through it on Radiance a few years ago because I stupidly sat in the middle of the row and I am not one that will crawl over people to leave - a friend bought me a drink the next night as hazard pay for making it all the way through. I should have bolted before it started when the cruise director said something like "Well...if you've been drinking a lot it might make sense..." At least I know I'll have that night free!!

I'm on her July 1 for the Greek Isles cruise and am generally super excited! Did she have the new menus or the old spice ones?

I saw posts of the Oct 2019 TA for Jewel canceled. That should make for some interesting discussion and maybe my 3rd visit to Jewel may be my last. But we will see.

Yeah, What's up with that? Was really looking forward to the 9 day Greek Isles followed by the TA for our 50th anniversary. Now, told it's cancelled (TA) but vague reason as to why. Also we booked both as b2b. Will we get non-refundable deposit back from both cruises? It's only fair.

Hi all, this is my first trip on Jewel on the 30th of May sailing. I was just looking at the deck plans and noticed that there's currently a pizzeria in the solarium, but on the deck plan that covers my sailing this disappears. Are they taking it out? Are there any other small cafes on board? We're massive fans of a late night pig-out in the park cafe so I'm hoping that there's somewhere doing midnight cookies :)

Hi all, this is my first trip on Jewel on the 30th of May sailing. I was just looking at the deck plans and noticed that there's currently a pizzeria in the solarium, but on the deck plan that covers my sailing this disappears. Are they taking it out? Are there any other small cafes on board? We're massive fans of a late night pig-out in the park cafe so I'm hoping that there's somewhere doing midnight cookies :)

I've heard nothing that leads me to believe they are removing the snack venue from the Solarium. You might find some sweets at Cafe Latte-Tudes.

I'll let you know about 3 weeks before you go. When I was last on Jewel, the pizza in the solarium was the worst ever, and I've been known to speak well of Sorrentos on other ships.

Yeah, What's up with that? Was really looking forward to the 9 day Greek Isles followed by the TA for our 50th anniversary. Now, told it's cancelled (TA) but vague reason as to why. Also we booked both as b2b. Will we get non-refundable deposit back from both cruises? It's only fair.

Tried a new TA for this one so I blame her..... lol... When I called to re-book something else she said "I've never heard of anything like this happening! " I said really? Seems to happen with Royal all the time recently. Quite disappointed, really wanted to be on the Jewel, like others it is a favourite of mine too and no really good replacement options(IMHO), maybe spring 2020 will work out for both Her and me.

Hi all, this is my first trip on Jewel on the 30th of May sailing. I was just looking at the deck plans and noticed that there's currently a pizzeria in the solarium, but on the deck plan that covers my sailing this disappears. Are they taking it out? Are there any other small cafes on board? We're massive fans of a late night pig-out in the park cafe so I'm hoping that there's somewhere doing midnight c

We will be on this sailing as well - have you checked out our roll call? Can't wait!!

Hi all, this is my first trip on Jewel on the 30th of May sailing. I was just looking at the deck plans and noticed that there's currently a pizzeria in the solarium, but on the deck plan that covers my sailing this disappears. Are they taking it out? Are there any other small cafes on board? We're massive fans of a late night pig-out in the park cafe so I'm hoping that there's somewhere doing midnight c

We will be on this sailing as well - have you checked out our roll call? Can't wait!!

I just posted in there a few days ago! ;) see you on board! I'm so excited now! :D

I just posted in there a few days ago! ;) see you on board! I'm so excited now! :D

We are getting excited too!! Hard to believe we are this close. I booked this cruise the first day it was available to book so it's been a long time coming!

Would love to see photos of balcony cabins if anyone has them - we just booked a standard balcony on Deck 9 - I have only sailed Royal once before and we had an interior so I am curious about the balcony cabins.

I've just noticed this too, we're on the Eastbound TA on May 6th, and noticed that the deck plans from our sailing onwards does not show the pizzeria in the Solarium. When we were on the Westbound TA in November, this was the only venue that was open late for snacks. Café Latitudes never seemed to have a consistent closing time, and any snacks seemed to be binned very quickly. Windjammer, closed at 9pm, apart from being able to get coffees/teas etc, but no cookies or snacks!!!!

Margaret

Hi everyone ,

We are on the april 1st sailing ..just as i was prepping and packing, i wanted to give a heads up. If you're on an itinerary that includes Martinique, it would be helpful to have some Euros with you . We loved this port last time we cruised last year , and the only issue was that we needed euros and no banks were open on the island for a few hours. I am definitely bringing some this time to save time !

Freedom is taking her place in San Juan, Could she stay in Rome all year? Do ships do that?

I thought Freedom was taking the place of Adventure.:confused: Maybe Freedom is taking the place of both?

Freedom is taking her place in San Juan, Could she stay in Rome all year? Do ships do that?
With what Royal is getting for Jewel cabins (Starting at $1000pp for an inside) on the Med cruise.....might be probable.

Do people really want to be in the Med during winter?? I guess all the European lines are still there.......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Edited by Beachammo

I thought Freedom was taking the place of Adventure.:confused: Maybe Freedom is taking the place of both?

Freedom was the replacement for Adventure.

But now that Jewel has been redeployed, I guess Freedom sort of replaced both.

Freedom and Jewel will both sail from SJU during this coming fall, before Jewel heads to Miami in January. At that point, it'll only be Freedom.

I think there are enough of us in europe to fill one RCI ship through the winter.

My family would be thrilled to have the option and almost certainly sailing every year. As is we bring over a ship on a spring TA and usually sail one of the latest fall runs out of Venice. But we would love to be able to book for Christmas or in February as well.

I think there are enough of us in europe to fill one RCI ship through the winter.

My family would be thrilled to have the option and almost certainly sailing every year. As is we bring over a ship on a spring TA and usually sail one of the latest fall runs out of Venice. But we would love to be able to book for Christmas or in February as well.

With Royal adding Symphony to the winter Caribbean line up.....they have more than enough capacity in the area.

Leaving Jewel there in the Mediterranean is starting to make some sense.

With what Royal is getting for Jewel cabins (Starting at $1000pp for an inside) on the Med cruise.....might be probable.

Do people really want to be in the Med during winter?? I guess all the European lines are still there.......

Costa and maybe MSC have one ship each based in Italy for the winter with one week itinaries. There woudn't be a business case for RCCL to join that market since it is very low yielding already now with deals starting at USD 200 per person per week in a inside cabin and even lower at times. It's just too cold and it can also get very stormy in winter on the Med, then rather for them to try and have a ship again based in Dubai and offering new itinaries such as India cruises with various stops and overnights there etc.

Costa and maybe MSC have one ship each based in Italy for the winter with one week itinaries. There woudn't be a business case for RCCL to join that market since it is very low yielding already now with deals starting at USD 200 per person per week in a inside cabin and even lower at times. It's just too cold and it can also get very stormy in winter on the Med, then rather for them to try and have a ship again based in Dubai and offering new itinaries such as India cruises with various stops and overnights there etc.
About the same prices Jewel was getting out of Puerto Rico.....

f543c89a73a181461ce0a87321b8581f.jpg

Will be sailing the Jewel on May 30 in a Deck 9 balcony cabin. We have never sailed on Royal in a balcony and are curious about the cabin size/configuration. If anyone has photos we would love to take a peek!
Side balcony will look like this.....