All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Lol. Don’t worry, you’ll see plenty of that ship throughout the week.
This week we are on different itineraries. We were supposed to be in Dominica with them we will be with MSC Seaside in St Martin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This week we are on different itineraries. We were supposed to be in Dominica with them we will be with MSC Seaside in St Martin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Enjoy her! Amazing ship and crew! Say hello to Sergey in the DL for us. Let me know what you think of the MDR. We were not very impressed to be honest. Drastically different than the previous week on Freedom. Giovanni’s and chops were great though.

I am working on the review of last weeks' cruise, but I thought I'd bring up two trivial points. I think somewhere in this thread I have mentioned the phenomena of "sheet bacon" ,that as far as I know, is unique to Jewel The bacon is baked in big sheets and dumped into trays. At times its been hard to get just a couple of pieces off the tray as 10 wanted to come with you and the tongs. They still bake it in sheets, but it was in a larger tray and its obvious they broke it up before setting it out. It was very good bacon by the way.

The solarium hottub closed every night at 9pm, very annoying. < This was the worst part of a very nice cruise.

• Like 1

Hi Grammy8kids,

Wanted to reassure you that our "Feb. 15 - 25, 2019 Southern Caribbean 10 nt. cruise from Miami", is still on. Please join us over on our Roll Call: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605928

The Jewel of the Seas doesn't sail to Dubai until November 30, 2019 (from Rome) thru March of 2020. Here's the notice from RCCL's Deployment Dept.: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/Deployment_Dubai_JW.pdf

So those of us sailing on the Jewel during February 2019 are just fine. You mentioned that it doesn't show up in the brochure. That's because the Jewel is replacing the Navigator of the Seas, which will be in dry dock getting Royal Amplified refurbishments during January & most of February 2019. (1st cruise out of dry dock is Feb. 24, 2019 for the Navigator.)

Hope this helps you out. See ya over on our Roll Call:)

Happy Sailing,

Suzy B

Thanks for this. I’ll be aboard Navigator 4/26/19 from Miami. I’m happy that it will be only 2 months after drydock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the pizza on the Jewel -

fingers crossed indeed! - please let us know. Thanks

I was aboard Jewel last week and tried the pizza once. I was pleasantly surprised as the crust was thin and crispy and the cheese and sauce were OK. Of course, it’s not like the pizza I can get here on Long Island, but I would call it serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot! So my apologies if I'm in the wrong place. We are looking at the Jewel from Miami to Southern Caribbean in February. This is my first time on a smaller ship as I've generally been on the Freedom Class. I'm a bit concerned about a smaller ship and that I might really feel the movement. Can anyone provide some feedback? Also, any feedback on deck 9 midship to mid/aft oceanview balcony with respect to location? TIA :D

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right spot! So my apologies if I'm in the wrong place. We are looking at the Jewel from Miami to Southern Caribbean in February. This is my first time on a smaller ship as I've generally been on the Freedom Class. I'm a bit concerned about a smaller ship and that I might really feel the movement. Can anyone provide some feedback? Also, any feedback on deck 9 midship to mid/aft oceanview balcony with respect to location? TIA :D

We felt no movement(as far as what we would consider movement) on our March/April 2017 Caribbean Cruises on the Jewel. We were in cabin 9060. But if a ship does a little rockin' and rollin' it doesn't bother us.

• 1 month later...

Any recent cruisers on Jewel have any complaints or comments on the softness/hardness of the beds? We're in a Jr Suite on our Feb 2019 cruise and I'm wondering if I'll need to order a mattress topper.(If they still provide them).

TIA!

Does anyone have any information on dance classes? They’re listed on the Things To Do page for Jewel, but looking through a week of compasses, all I could find was one beginners salsa class at 10:45pm one night which, as far as I’m concerned, doesn’t even count. We were pretty excited when we signed up for our cruise and saw classes as a thing, but now I’m getting myself prepared for extreme disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying all the information on this thread about the Jewel. We will be sailing on her for the first time on the March 2019 TA to Rome. This is our first time in a Grand Suite because we caught a bargain. We are D+ but many of the CLs became SLs about the time we made the plus part so we are not very familiar with CLs. We were happy to see the great photos of the CL on the Jewel as we are looking forward to sitting and sipping there.

I know that the suite perks on RCCL vary a lot between classes of ship and I have some questions about perks on the Jewel for those of you who have sailed on her.

1. Is soda and beer available during the day in the CL at no charge to suite guests?

2. Is there any place (seating) for suite guests to eat when the buffet is super crowded?

I have read that these two perks are available on some ships but wanted to check with those who have sailed recently on the Jewel. Thanks in advance for any response.

1. Is soda and beer available during the day in the CL at no charge to suite guests? No beverages outside of the evening cocktail period.

2. Is there any place (seating) for suite guests to eat when the buffet is super crowded? There is a small room in the forward part of Windjammer that is supposed to be for gold cards only, but our experience is that access is not enforced.

I have read that these two perks are available on some ships but wanted to check with those who have sailed recently on the Jewel. Thanks in advance for any response.

See answers in RED above.

Thank you Bob. I guess I was just hoping that these things might be true. I am sure we will enjoy our cabin and have a great time but it is nice to know what to expect in advance.

Phyllis

You're very welcome.

• 4 weeks later...