All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

We did a Mediterranean cruise on Jewel last year.....Amazing!f1e08dca6757552d9956af0714764b5f.jpg2dbb12f564f3633427bced46f4b48c78.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We are going to cruise the Greek Isles on August 26th! Plus we are going to Rome a few days early and do some exploring before we sail!

I have a couple of questions for those who have been on Jewel.

Wondering if the menu is different on a 9 day sailing, do they just repeat?

Also, is there a Crown and Anchor Lounge on her, does it have a nice view?

One of our favorite things to do on the Oasis was to go to the C&A lounge and have a cocktail, looking out at the sea. It is gone now.

So excited to board in Oct.

I have a couple of questions for those who have been on Jewel.

Wondering if the menu is different on a 9 day sailing, do they just repeat?

Also, is there a Crown and Anchor Lounge on her, does it have a nice view?

One of our favorite things to do on the Oasis was to go to the C&A lounge and have a cocktail, looking out at the sea. It is gone now.

So excited to board in Oct.

Each ship has around 14 different menus that can choose from, so while you might see an entree or two repeat, you should not see any identical menus.

Jewel has both a Concierge Lounge and a Diamond Lounge up in the Viking Crown area with excellent outside views. There is also the rest of the Viking Crown area open to all guests that also has excellent outside views.

Each ship has around 14 different menus that can choose from, so while you might see an entree or two repeat, you should not see any identical menus.

Jewel has both a Concierge Lounge and a Diamond Lounge up in the Viking Crown area with excellent outside views. There is also the rest of the Viking Crown area open to all guests that also has excellent outside views.

Thank you Bob! We are only platinum level, so I am happy to hear we can enjoy that area too. It is so pretty. We were on our first cruise and on the Oasis when we happened on the cast of Hairspray and an impromptu concert around the piano in the C & A lounge. It is one of our favorite cruising memories,

We will be doing our third Med cruise on May 30! One on NCL, one on CCL and this one on the Jewel!! Can't wait!

I actually found a youtube video of our specific cabin as well - that was kind of fun! Really looking forward to this one as we are also arriving 5 days early to do a little land tour of Italy before the cruise.

Am happy to hear all passengers can access portions of that lounge - it looks like a great place to see and take photos of wonderful views!

Question about the Diamond Lounge . . . . when is the Diamond happy hour? Wondering about dining time - I don't want my dinner to interfere with happy hour! Thanks

Usually starts 1 hour before early traditional dinng and lasts 3.5 hours.

Question about the Diamond Lounge . . . . when is the Diamond happy hour? Wondering about dining time - I don't want my dinner to interfere with happy hour! Thanks

Bob already answered, to avoid crowding I'll wait till those leaving for first seating of dinner start to leave and then enjoy the lounge until 2nd seating dinner. That is usually enough time to arrive at dinner happy, drink in hand. Less than 4 weeks to go!

Question for anyone who has sailed on the jewel before who did the "anytime dining", which I love! I got an email from RCL saying I can make reservations now for my anytime dining....my question: do we HAVE to make reservations now? Or can we make daily or just show up?

Question for anyone who has sailed on the jewel before who did the "anytime dining", which I love! I got an email from RCL saying I can make reservations now for my anytime dining....my question: do we HAVE to make reservations now? Or can we make daily or just show up?

I usually reserve our dining for all days on a fixed time. You can always change it on board if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been on Jewel twice and loved it both times. Previously we had been on Navigator and Mariner. We loved the smaller ship. We were able to meet other guests and do the Quest and other games.

We leave on Freedom of the Seas next week and although I am very excited, I wish it was back on Jewel.

Also a big fan of Jewel. Wonder when they will post sailings for 2020? Sisters Radiance and Serenade not listed either, but fourth sister Brilliance already listed for Tampa as usual in 2020.

Loved Jewel out of SJ recently, but have booked Vision next time out of SJ for something different.

Also a big fan of Jewel. Wonder when they will post sailings for 2020? Sisters Radiance and Serenade not listed either, but fourth sister Brilliance already listed for Tampa as usual in 2020.

Loved Jewel out of SJ recently, but have booked Vision next time out of SJ for something different.

Serenade is also published with 10 and 11 days out of Fort Lauderdale. Jewel will sail from Dubai and Radiance is in Australia again, both are announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Currently on Jewel with MTD and did not book reservations prior. We’ve eaten in the main dining room 3 times so far with no issues walking up. We would go around 7-7:30pm. Only a 5 min wait, if that. Enjoy your cruise

We have always used anytime dining on all cruises we have taken and we have never made a reservation for the dining room, we wander in when we feel hungry. We sometimes have had to wait 10-15 minutes for a table, but we don't mind sharing a table with others, which I think makes it easier to be seated.

Enjoy your cruise

Serenade is also published with 10 and 11 days out of Fort Lauderdale. Jewel will sail from Dubai and Radiance is in Australia again, both are announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK...I see Serenade for 2020 now, and of course Brilliance had previously been listed as doing the 4/5 Tampa...but where do you see 2020 cruises for Jewel and Radiance? They are not on RCI website.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?shipCode_RD=true

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?shipCode_JW=true

OK...I see Serenade for 2020 now, and of course Brilliance had previously been listed as doing the 4/5 Tampa...but where do you see 2020 cruises for Jewel and Radiance? They are not on RCI website.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?shipCode_RD=true

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?shipCode_JW=true

They're up on cruisecal.com

Use "itinerary lookup"

There is also an Australia 2019/20 PDF over on the deployment thread.

They're up on cruisecal.com

Use "itinerary lookup"

There is also an Australia 2019/20 PDF over on the deployment thread.

Ok, thanks. Typical RCI holding out bookings off their website, and cabin choices also. I had to verify with another website just to be sure the cabin I wanted for 2020 Vision was available, then had to call CS to book on the phone versus direct booking on the website.

And as if the website wasn't already messed up anyway. :o:(