Port Area

luvscruising2007

There's actually quite a lot to do and see right in the port area:

* Shopping -- there are many upscale shops, as well as numerous souvenir vendors (reasonably priced, compared to other islands), in the blocks around the pier, as well as several malls

* Wilhelmina Park (second and fourth photo below) -- is a serene spot a few blocks from the pier. There are a ton of iguanas wandering around (the park staff feeds them lettuce) and there are some lovely statues, such as the one below of Anne Frank

* Beach -- there's also a beach within walking distance, which I think may be open to the public, but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone reading this thread will know

Hope that helps. - Musing About Cruising

• 4 weeks later...
There's actually quite a lot to do and see right in the port area:

* Shopping -- there are many upscale shops, as well as numerous souvenir vendors (reasonably priced, compared to other islands), in the blocks around the pier, as well as several malls

* Wilhelmina Park (second and fourth photo below) -- is a serene spot a few blocks from the pier. There are a ton of iguanas wandering around (the park staff feeds them lettuce) and there are some lovely statues, such as the one below of Anne Frank

* Beach -- there's also a beach within walking distance, which I think may be open to the public, but I'm not sure. Perhaps someone reading this thread will know

Hope that helps. - Musing About Cruising

All the beaches in Aruba are public.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

A great dining option is The West Deck at the far side of Wilhelmina Park. We also like the Dutch Pancake House in Renaissance Marketplace. There are lots of restaurants and stores in town. There is a free trolley that leaves from the port and does a loop thru the backside of the main drag, which has shopping and snack places. There are 2 mall areas along the main street. For jewelry, I have shopped for years at Pearl Gems and Shiva's, and always find them reliable and fairly priced.