OBC - transferring to 1 person ?

jdoc2010

I booked 2 cabins for an upcoming cruise in December - I purchased them both. Due to a significant price drop, I was able to get 298.00 in OBC for each cabin. Is it possible to have GS transfer the OBC from the cabin I am not occupying to reflect on my S&S account ?

No who ever is in the 2nd cabin will get the OBC. You can of course scam Carnival like others would do on this site by cashing it out and moving it that way, if you want to be a scammer. I would not ever do that but, others would.

I don't know why you would call it scamming if they paid for both rooms, then they are entitled to the money back due to a price drop.

This is what I would do. I would have the person (who I assume you know well if you paid for their room) go to Cherry on Top (the candy store) and buy 3 - $100 Carnival gift cards and give them to you (you can give the $2 difference back if you need to). Then you can take those 3 gift cards and apply them to your sail and sign account to use for your onboard spending as needed.

They will pay using their sail and sign account which will "eat up" that $298 credit and you get the gift cards to apply to yours. The easiest way to transfer it I see.

No who ever is in the 2nd cabin will get the OBC. You can of course scam Carnival like others would do on this site by cashing it out and moving it that way, if you want to be a scammer. I would not ever do that but, others would.

I don't understand why you think this would be scamming Carnival. This is an issue between a cruiser in cabin A and a cruiser in cabin B, one of whom paid for both cabins.

You should be able to contact your PVP or TA and have them transfer all the OBC to the cabin of the sole payee on the booking. The travel professional you booked though should have access to all the financial side of the booking to state a concise case to the accounting office so there is no problem. Otherwise each cabin's reduction amount will be evenly distributed to all passengers over 18 in the individual cabins.

This is an issue between a cruiser in cabin A and a cruiser in cabin B, one of whom paid for both cabins.
If true, it means that this isn't something that the cruise line should be expected to get involved with.

If true, it means that this isn't something that the cruise line should be expected to get involved with.

That would be my interpretation. It will be interesting to see if they do.

On my next cruise I am paying for a cabin for my granddaughter and her spouse, along with a cabin for another granddaughter and me. If we received OBC on her cabin I assume it would be an issue the two of us would amicably resolve.

Either way I can't see how Carnival would be scammed.

I believe the credit is attached to each cabin, no matter who paid for it. Since you found a better deal and paid for both cabins, I see no reason that you can't or wouldn't use the above posters suggestion of the candy store gift cards. The members of the other cabin should be very grateful for what you have already done. You are in no way scamming Carnival.

Have a great cruise. :D

I don't know why you would call it scamming if they paid for both rooms, then they are entitled to the money back due to a price drop.

This is what I would do. I would have the person (who I assume you know well if you paid for their room) go to Cherry on Top (the candy store) and buy 3 - $100 Carnival gift cards and give them to you (you can give the $2 difference back if you need to). Then you can take those 3 gift cards and apply them to your sail and sign account to use for your onboard spending as needed.

They will pay using their sail and sign account which will "eat up" that $298 credit and you get the gift cards to apply to yours. The easiest way to transfer it I see.

Thanks - this is a great idea.

I believe the credit is attached to each cabin, no matter who paid for it. Since you found a better deal and paid for both cabins, I see no reason that you can't or wouldn't use the above posters suggestion of the candy store gift cards. The members of the other cabin should be very grateful for what you have already done. You are in no way scamming Carnival.

Have a great cruise. :D

Thanks - I am going to try the gift card route and we shall see how it goes.

It is what it is, scamming is scamming. If you think its legit call CCL and tell them to transfer it. If they do it's not you, you did nothing wrong, but to transfer it like suggested, that is flat out scamming. Let me know what they say or just do what others say if you think it is scamming.

It is what it is, scamming is scamming. If you think its legit call CCL and tell them to transfer it. If they do it's not you, you did nothing wrong, but to transfer it like suggested, that is flat out scamming. Let me know what they say or just do what others say if you think it is scamming.

I don't know why you insist that this is scamming. It is not a matter of taking something from Carnival. Both cabins are entitled to the OBC and have already been granted it.... they just need to sort it out to make sure the proper person that paid that money, to begin with, gets the use of the OBC. Therefore, my gift card suggestion was made.

I am sure Carnival will not do anything to "move" the credit from one room to the next; however, I am also sure my suggestion of buying the gift cards and handing them to the OP (who paid for the room) is completely legitimate...

OP, just ignore this person and have your 2nd cabin mates buy the gift cards with their sail and sign account as I have said and give them to you this solves your issue and is COMPLETELY acceptable (y)

Just have the people in the 2nd cabin go to GS's with you and GS is able to move the OBC from one S&S card to yours. Since I book our room with my two girlfriends, I usually get the OBC. I just went to GS and had them transfer 1/3 of the amount to each of my friends. No big problem.

Just have the people in the 2nd cabin go to GS's with you and GS is able to move the OBC from one S&S card to yours. Since I book our room with my two girlfriends, I usually get the OBC. I just went to GS and had them transfer 1/3 of the amount to each of my friends. No big problem.

This is what my two friends and I do as well. We all go to Guest Services and ask that the amount received on one person's folio be divided and transferred so that each one of us gets 1/3rd. Everyone involved is there in front of the Guest Services person, so there are no issues as to what's being requested.

the wording is each cabin gets OBC no where is it noted that the OBC goes to the person who paid.

OBC will be split between the 2 lead guests. Not the 3rd and 4th (unless stated)

the only way to get that OBC is to tell the people I got obc for the cabin but i want you to give it back to me.