Cancelled Rccl cruise on December 5th 2017 due to charter

Hi all - hope I can shed a tiny bit of light here........

I also tried to book on this cruise, taking advantage of an offer of discounted fares (5/12/17, 4 nights, Syd-Bris-Syd). Number to contact was 1300 663928.

Was told by LEANNE that RCCL had "taken this cruise down" but she could only tell me that this was a Middle Eastern charter - and at that time no other details were available, as Miami had just been smashed by the hurricane and no businesses were open yet

I have not been re- contacted since, as was promised at the time.

Hope this helps, but suspect not.

Cheers,

I am also booked on this cruise and have already booked non-refundable return flights to Sydney. I am ropeable. I have sent RCL a detailed letter expressing my disgust but have not yet had a response. Interestingly, I have just now recieved a confirmation of my booking from RCL - detailing what I need to do before my cruise!!!

Last night I called the Stars on Board (charter group) to ask what was going on. They said that they had only sold to 70% and that RCL had gone ahead and tried to sell the remaining cabins without their knowledge. They said that RCL had no right to do that and so they insisted that RCL cancel all of the bookings that they had sold to us. The Stars on Board representative offered me a 15% discount if I wanted to book my cabin with them.........I laughed.........that meant I was paying $4000 more than my original booking. She told me that the high cost was due to the international stars that they had guaranteed for the cruise.......I hadn't heard of one of them. The cost for a 4 night cruise that they are offering is absolute robbery lol.

I encourage all passengers who are booked on this cruise to raise hell with RCL until we get something satisfactory. They have honestly treated us so poorly. I am sure that the media and/or the legal fraternity could have a field day with this if it were to become public

I am also booked on this cruise and have already booked non-refundable return flights to Sydney. I am ropeable. I have sent RCL a detailed letter expressing my disgust but have not yet had a response. Interestingly, I have just now recieved a confirmation of my booking from RCL - detailing what I need to do before my cruise!!!

Last night I called the Stars on Board (charter group) to ask what was going on. They said that they had only sold to 70% and that RCL had gone ahead and tried to sell the remaining cabins without their knowledge. They said that RCL had no right to do that and so they insisted that RCL cancel all of the bookings that they had sold to us. The Stars on Board representative offered me a 15% discount if I wanted to book my cabin with them.........I laughed.........that meant I was paying $4000 more than my original booking. She told me that the high cost was due to the international stars that they had guaranteed for the cruise.......I hadn't heard of one of them. The cost for a 4 night cruise that they are offering is absolute robbery lol.

I encourage all passengers who are booked on this cruise to raise hell with RCL until we get something satisfactory. They have honestly treated us so poorly. I am sure that the media and/or the legal fraternity could have a field day with this if it were to become public

Agreed. My room 9280 is still not occupied at the equivalent AU price of $7657.49 as opposed to our 2K booking. We have still not heard from RCL. And just on another point. There was no disclosure when we booked that there was a charter was there? My group was madly going on crash diets and trying to get fit so that we didn't look like beached whales in our bikinis. Question: Would we have been allowed/felt comfortable to wear bikini's and lazing by the pool and order pork bellies for dinner? Seriously this could have been the makings of a comedy movie!!!!

No berrie - there was no disclosure that it was a charter cruise with middle eastern entertainment.

If we had cancelled our booking 66 days out like RCL cancelled us - we would have lost 25% of our total booking cost - how come Rcl get to cancel at no cost to them? And to only offer airfare reimbursement if you choose to book some crappy 2 night sampler cruise in February is appalling!

We have also been madly getting fit - it was a birthday celebration but I agree with you Mic - wear the bikini PROUD! hehehe

What I don't get is that an hour ago, RCL sent me a confirmation email stating - "Thank you for booking tosail with us on EXPLOREROF THE SEAS. We have a range of online tips and tools to ensureyou have the trip of a lifetime, and now you can customise your holiday bychoosing from a range of excursions, onboard services and dining options. Inthe meantime you can find out what's includedwith your booking, and much more, on our website. We look forward towelcoming you on board. "

Are they rubbing salt into the wound? Or am I delusional and the cruise is going ahead?????

You poor things. What a debacle! It seems that RC's (and your travel agent's) mantra is "Not much care and even less responsibility." I hope you can get a decent compensation and for all your wasted time, effort and money, and that once you finally embark on your holiday that It exceeds all expectations. You deserve it.
FINALLY got an email trom our TA saying reimbursement of change fares will go to TA in about 10 - 15 working days and then TA will forward it to us. I checked back and all this started on 31st August so maybe by 31st October this may be all over. Can only hope

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

FINALLY got an email trom our TA saying reimbursement of change fares will go to TA in about 10 - 15 working days and then TA will forward it to us. I checked back and all this started on 31st August so maybe by 31st October this may be all over. Can only hope

A good result then even if it takes a long time to come.

Wow. I haven't received one! I spent another couple of hours on the line with them today tho and they will not budge on ANYTHING. I taped the conversations this time (told them I was going too).

It went like this from Roland in customer service...

..........."the company did not perform any mistake by offering that cruise. When the sailing came out and it was offered to our guests it was not meant to be chartered however when a sailing for RC does not reach any high amount or anything else to bring the guest into the sailing then that sailing has to be cancelled. Another company sometime retake it to so that that way they can have it the full thing. Now in this case what rights do the company has well when ever you purchase a cruise you technically agree the the Ts&Cs

The company has the right to go ahead and cancel, amend, modify and provide certain options if are available to our passengers. ". "The company does not any have obligations to actually provide any options and they can just cancel it and tell you I'm sorry the sailing is not going any more and here is your reason. How ever we have provided two options in there. Now is there any legal terms in there that its been breaking, no not really like I said the company has the whole right to go ahead and make those amendments at any moment at any point."

Needless to say me and Rowland are not besties! I was than transferred to a more 'senior' member, Danny. No friends made there either. They just kept re-iterating the company's terms and conditions and totally refused to compensate for our lost airfares. I'm done with Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fingers crossed.

Wow. I haven't received one! I spent another couple of hours on the line with them today tho and they will not budge on ANYTHING. I taped the conversations this time (told them I was going too).

It went like this from Roland in customer service...

..........."the company did not perform any mistake by offering that cruise. When the sailing came out and it was offered to our guests it was not meant to be chartered however when a sailing for RC does not reach any high amount or anything else to bring the guest into the sailing then that sailing has to be cancelled. Another company sometime retake it to so that that way they can have it the full thing. Now in this case what rights do the company has well when ever you purchase a cruise you technically agree the the Ts&Cs

The company has the right to go ahead and cancel, amend, modify and provide certain options if are available to our passengers. ". "The company does not any have obligations to actually provide any options and they can just cancel it and tell you I'm sorry the sailing is not going any more and here is your reason. How ever we have provided two options in there. Now is there any legal terms in there that its been breaking, no not really like I said the company has the whole right to go ahead and make those amendments at any moment at any point."

Needless to say me and Rowland are not besties! I was than transferred to a more 'senior' member, Danny. No friends made there either. They just kept re-iterating the company's terms and conditions and totally refused to compensate for our lost airfares. I'm done with Royal Caribbean.

And whenever has a cruise line said, oh well we don't have enough rooms sold so we will just cancel this cruise and leave the ship sitting at (Sydney) dock for xx days?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Of such a thing, till I started this website. :(( Does anybody know what the stated cruise lines gives the offended victim. And how in God's little green apples do they compensate someone for a week's (or longer) lost vacation?? I know, when all is said and done, we are 'little people' in the corporate world but I mean, c'mon, corporate people :(( I've made 3 cruises on RCCL and eleven on CCL (with one coming up this March) and I know from experience, my wife would be 'spiting MAD' if this ever happen. If anybody here has had this happen, and I hope I'm not prying, what was your response and how did you handle it. Many thanks for any who answer.

Mac

I've been researching on my own for two days why we were booted from a cruise this week that's still on the water. I found the charter and am still holding out that RCC will be truthful about why. Originally told it was because of dry dock.

I've been researching on my own for two days why we were booted from a cruise this week that's still on the water. I found the charter and am still holding out that RCC will be truthful about why. Originally told it was because of dry dock.

Did your letter come from "Redeployment and Itinerary Changes", Royal Caribbean International? Seems this is not an isolated occurrence when there is such a position in the company.

Buyer beware. I have given up booking overseas cruises ahead, because of the risk of being out of pocket due to cruise line changes.

Did your letter come from "Redeployment and Itinerary Changes", Royal Caribbean International? Seems this is not an isolated occurrence when there is such a position in the company.

Buyer beware. I have given up booking overseas cruises ahead, because of the risk of being out of pocket due to cruise line changes.

Tell me about it:...

1. Cancelled Costa Atlantica cruise of US/Canada - ship redeployed to Med - poor sales - I lost a few bucks on that.

2. And more recently Adonia - sale of ship, lost a few bucks on that, P&O UK were pathetic.

But I still get sucked in with the early bookings, must be senility.:o:(