Cancelled Rccl cruise on December 5th 2017 due to charter

It would not be much fun if you were not part of the "group charter " as they will take over .... everything.

Also interesting when I phoned RCL their Res Supervisor knows nothing about the Charter.

When I phoned Stars Onboard they said they have 80% Allocation and RCL can now sell the remaining 20%.

Their Entertainment will be seperated and not available to RCL passengers.

http://www.starsonboard.me/site/the-ship/stars-concert.html?imz_st

Also interesting when I phoned RCL their Res Supervisor knows nothing about the Charter.

When I phoned Stars Onboard they said they have 80% Allocation and RCL can now sell the remaining 20%.

Wow, I would not be happy if I unwittingly booked this cruise and then discovered that it was 80% chartered. They should be upfront about it. I'm sure if the price is low enough people will still be happy to book.

Wow, I would not be happy if I unwittingly booked this cruise and then discovered that it was 80% chartered. They should be upfront about it. I'm sure if the price is low enough people will still be happy to book.

Agreed. People should be made aware and they can decide from there. And the prices should be reduced! I couldn't imagine it running very smoothly for the non-charter passengers at all.

The charter group will need lounges for their entertainment. That would really reduce the entertainment available to the remaining 20% of passengers.

The charter group will need lounges for their entertainment. That would really reduce the entertainment available to the remaining 20% of passengers.

Yes. If 80% are part of the charter then you would assume that they would be taking up the main auditorium for the entire cruise=no shows for those who aren't on the charter.

Thanks for checking and confirming it is still running.

Not surprising the reservations weren't aware of it. They just see availability and to them what's available is available as normal.

It would not be much fun if you were not part of the "group charter " as they will take over .... everything.

Yes, there's often complaints after these shared charters, as certain things are closed off, and the separate group is quite visible unless really small (which it doesn't appear is the case here).

Yes. If 80% are part of the charter then you would assume that they would be taking up the main auditorium for the entire cruise=no shows for those who aren't on the charter.

I'd expect there still to be regular shows. Especially with this class as they can split entertainment between the main theatre, plus lounges, plus also Studio B. But other passengers won't have the range of venues available at any one time.

Venues may be fine for the remaining 20% but would there be enough production entertainers and such to be able to be split between the two crowds. I would think they would need extra entertainment for the charter cruise.

With charters like this they provide their own entertainment, which is part of the reason for the extra cost. Hence the onboard entertainment would be available as usual (though with only a 4 night cruise would be limited anyway). But should be the usual crew, just a different venue.

With charters like this they provide their own entertainment, which is part of the reason for the extra cost. Hence the onboard entertainment would be available as usual (though with only a 4 night cruise would be limited anyway). But should be the usual crew, just a different venue.
True, however, they would have difficulty with the production shows being put on if not in the theatre as they wouldn't have all the props.

True, however, they would have difficulty with the production shows being put on if not in the theatre as they wouldn't have all the props.

It's only 4 nights, so I'd imagine there'd only be one 'production' show anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they run it in the theatre that night. Other nights with e.g. comedians and whoever could be in lounges.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back. Should be very interesting!

Very interesting indeed !

When I looked yesterday there was loads of Cabins available from Insides to Junior Suites - now it says SOLD OUT on the RCCL site

Some TAs are saying the charter has been cancelled. Whatever the wording its a large booking of 80% of the ship.

You can still book via the charter link earlier.

If it were cancelled though, not sure why they'd block bookings through the RCL web site. At this stage I can't see them cancelling the RCL cruise and changing itinerary again, so not much point blocking public bookings.

Looks more like a reconciliation.

Well whoever they are I reckon Royal would be none too pleased with them!

Can't find who the Stars are?

A bit of karma really for cancelling other's booked cruises for the lure of the charter. Lots of cabins available. Seems like they will take over the theatre with 4 showings so how will that work?

I don't know them either but from their pictures, they look like stars.

Or were stars and have graduated from the local RSL Club to the cruise ship industry. lol. You see some of the 'star's posters around the ships or RSL clubs and the photos must have been taken 30 years ago, lol.:o

But looking at the 'stars' on the RCI ad, I don't recognise any of them, like where is Elvis and the Big 'O' ?