Cunard Flyer on the CC Cunard board

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:44 PM.
CUMBRIA ENGLAND
615 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I was just looking at the posts on the Cunard Board and noticed that there is a Cunard flyer advertising
"Free Stateroom upgrades, Free drinks in Grill Suites and more".
As I have just book a grill suite for late next year I clicked onto the flyer to check the deal and was taken to cunard.co.uk...not a single mention of these 'extras'....is this flyer only relevant for USA bookings?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Iowa
1,358 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes, it would appear this "Upgrades on Us" promotion does not apply to the UK. It is mentioned on the home page of Cunard's North American web site "cunard.com" as "Free Stateroom Upgrades, Free Gratuities for past guests, 50% Reduced deposit, Free Drinks in Grill Suites. Restrictions Apply."

In its place on the home page of the UK web site "cunard.co.uk" is the blurb that says "Choose your stateroom and dining preferences, along with your choice of complimentary benefit." which explains the differences between Cunard fares and Saver fares.

The fine print for the promotion found on "cunard.com" says "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older."

Regards, John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

Staffordshire
2,040 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by SALAD MUNCHER
I was just looking at the posts on the Cunard Board and noticed that there is a Cunard flyer advertising
"Free Stateroom upgrades, Free drinks in Grill Suites and more".
As I have just book a grill suite for late next year I clicked onto the flyer to check the deal and was taken to cunard.co.uk...not a single mention of these 'extras'....is this flyer only relevant for USA bookings?
Yes Cunard have always given better offers to US residents than they do in the UK which has been a constant complaint of mine we have just returned from QE in Queens Grill suite and when we booked last year they were offering "free drinks package" for US residents booking at the time but we were not allowed it in the UK.
Pennsylvania
5,835 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
The air-inclusive offers you get in the UK are never seen in the US so I'd be careful with the "always" claims.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
Gower Peninsula, Wales
3,008 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Maybe they sould offer either/or? We always like to arrange our own flights long haul, our choice of time, date, airline, class etc so the flight inclusive doesn’t interest us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

QV - December 2017

QM2 - June 2018
QM2 - January 2019