11/25 to 12/10 Royal cruise, random thoughts

Todd320

Thought I would post some random info and thoughts. We have cruised the Royal many times in the last 3 years. Currently on a B2B from 25 NOV to 10 DEC so we are at the halfway mark.

Port Everglades Terminal 2 opens doors at 10:00 AM not 11:00 AM as last season but boarding remains the same time at 11:30 or so.

Terminal 2 internet is fast using Port Everglades.

The 3 production shows I believe are:

Sweet Soul Music

Colors of the World

What the World Needs Now

Sadly our favorite show Spectacular is no more

ED Ron Goodman looks great, he lost 47 pounds

Lexi does a nice job as CD

Silvio is the Maitre”D and has been very personable as always with us

Billy Pando is the piano player

Topaz is the party band

A good group of bartenders at Crooners and Bellini’s

The Royal still looks great

Our only disappointment so far this cruise is Club Class dining. For some reason it is really busy. Not to busy that we had to wait to be seated but most tables have been occupied. We have had to sit in the what I jokingly call the auxiliary Club Class dining area. We have cruised Club Class in the Caribbean ,Transatlantic and Mediterranean and the dining has never been busy. When its busy the noise levels increase and the service sometimes feels rushed. It also makes it hard to coordinate for your favorite waiter and almost impossible to get your favorite table.

Overall another very pleasurable experience on our favorite ship the Royal.

Thought I would post some random info and thoughts. We have cruised the Royal many times in the last 3 years. Currently on a B2B from 25 NOV to 10 DEC so we are at the halfway mark.

Port Everglades Terminal 2 opens doors at 10:00 AM not 11:00 AM as last season but boarding remains the same time at 11:30 or so.

Terminal 2 internet is fast using Port Everglades.

The 3 production shows I believe are:

Sweet Soul Music

Colors of the World

What the World Needs Now

Sadly our favorite show Spectacular is no more

ED Ron Goodman looks great, he lost 47 pounds

Lexi does a nice job as CD

Silvio is the Maitre”D and has been very personable as always with us

Billy Pando is the piano player

Topaz is the party band

A good group of bartenders at Crooners and Bellini’s

The Royal still looks great

Our only disappointment so far this cruise is Club Class dining. For some reason it is really busy. Not to busy that we had to wait to be seated but most tables have been occupied. We have had to sit in the what I jokingly call the auxiliary Club Class dining area. We have cruised Club Class in the Caribbean ,Transatlantic and Mediterranean and the dining has never been busy. When its busy the noise levels increase and the service sometimes feels rushed. It also makes it hard to coordinate for your favorite waiter and almost impossible to get your favorite table.

Overall another very pleasurable experience on our favorite ship the Royal.

Thank you for taking the time to share your notes and observations. We have never sailed on the Royal before but looking forward to it in 2019. Has there been any news onboard about launching Ocean Medallion on the Royal? I think it was supposed to be launched on the Royal in January 2018.

Thank you for taking the time to share your notes and observations. We have never sailed on the Royal before but looking forward to it in 2019. Has there been any news onboard about launching Ocean Medallion on the Royal? I think it was supposed to be launched on the Royal in January 2018.

Nothing other than indefinite delays, best we could get was "sometime in the future" from the Captain. They do not want to make any commitments with *****.

Nothing other than indefinite delays, best we could get was "sometime in the future" from the Captain. They do not want to make any commitments with *****.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

If you guys noticed, ***** sailing banner was taken off of most all if not all Royal's cruises. We are on the Royal in 03/2018 and 10/2018 and the ***** sailing banners have been removed from these sailings. I believe there are more problems getting this up and running so Princess has removed these sailings from being *****(just for now, hopefully)

Pooh

No Sea Witch anymore. I don't think they have any IPA's but I could be wrong.

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I call beer drinkers' discrimination! Wine lovers can bring a bottle; I'd love to be able to bring on a six or 12 pack...

Before I get killed by the wine lovers....I am kidding. Sort of.

Just curious what time you are eating in Club Class? We will be dining in Club class on the royal in late January. It was not very busy last year.

Janet

Our seatings for Club Class dinner have been between 7:00 and 8:30. As far as I know they have not added cabins that qualify or passengers that qualify for Club Class.

Our seatings for Club Class dinner have been between 7:00 and 8:30. As far as I know they have not added cabins that qualify or passengers that qualify for Club Class.

Thank you! And thank you for taking the time to inform us! Have a great cruise!

Janet

Thanks for sharing your observations so far. I am boarding when you are getting off. Just wanted to know if the party band Topaz was good?

Thanks

We think Topaz is the best party band since Princess started going with local Caribbean bands. They are from St, Lucia and will be on the Royal until mid January.

I have not forgotten about the pop choir question.

Side note: The wife and I got recruited (volunteered) and did a photo shoot for Princess UK today. It was shot at Bellini’s this morning and it featured the 24K Margareta which they said was Princess 1# drink. It’s geared for the Princess UK market.

Todd 320

we are on her next cruise.........can you please tell me the names of bar staff in Vines and Crooners?

Is club class the same place for lunch and dinner? Deck 6 dining??

thanks

At Crooners you have Charoon (Cha-Cha) and Mikee. Both excellent, we have known Cha-Cha for a long time. Note there is also another Mikee at the Outrigger bar. We normally do not frequent the Vines bar.

Club Class is always in the Concerto dining room on deck 6, ship left. Same for lunch (embarkation day and sea days) and dinner.

I will be boarding the Royal when you get off on the 10th. I was wondering if they were doing Pop Choir on your 10 day leg.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked a CD staff person and he said they were not running pop choir this cruise. He thought they would run it next cruise but I did not have a lot of confidence in his answer.

Todd 320

we are on her next cruise.........can you please tell me the names of bar staff in Vines and Crooners?

Is club class the same place for lunch and dinner? Deck 6 dining??

thanks

We have not visited Vines yet this cruise but were told Amel and Richie were working it.