Qsine leaving Infinity

W283386

We did LPC on Reflection earlier this month. It was fun and the food was good. I did switch my soup for French onion soup instead of the Boullibase (sp?). I do agree that it is a ‘one and done’. Also, I would recommend holding out for the discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sail the Infinity in Sept.....what are the odds of getting a discount if we don't pre-book?

We sail the Infinity in Sept.....what are the odds of getting a discount if we don't pre-book?

We did not book until we were onboard and got the discount. We did have a large group - 14 of us total. I just asked for the discount. I’m not sure if smaller parties would have that much influence, but it never hurts to ask. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Qsine is not listed on the Millennium internet page, but it is still there. The same might be true on the Infinity.

Qsine is okay as a concept, but the food isn't great. Le Petit Chef looks like a gimmick that they are now all in on. It would be better if they went with a concept specialty restaurant based on a particular type of food.

Sushi on 5 has seen great improvement on M Class ships and hopefully sticks around because of the quality.

Does anyone think that "specialty dining" in general doesn't fit Celebrity? I know that this is a select group of cruisers, but a lot of the experiences here are exactly what I saw on my last Celebrity cruise.

We could not see all the way into Tuscan, but Sushi on Five was almost equal crew and passengers, never full, often empty, Silk Harvest was often empty and Murano was almost always full - even at lunch (we had 2 dinners and a lunch in Murano). In other words the only specialty restaurant that appeared to be pulling its load was Murano, and my guess would be that it barely breaks even when it is full, those tables are as widely spaced as a very high end land based restaurant.

I know there is a lot more to their choices than what we see - they have algorithms about break even vs people in restaurant, life cycle of the concept, how much load can the kitchen take, maybe even Sushi on 5 is a perk dining for officers, or actually part of their dining.

What do you think?

Love Qsine so very disappointed that it is going away. More disappointed that Celebrity keeps adding specialty restaurants with prices that I think are ridiculously high. Keep in mind you are already paying for your meals. So to me the argument that you would spend that much (or more) on an equivalent restaurant back home are like comparing apples to oranges. Some incremental charge to reflect higher quality food and more attentive service I can understand. $55 is not an incremental amount.

To each their own I guess -we'll see how this one goes. On most of the longer (over 7 night) cruises I have been on in recent years (and there have been many) they are having a very hard time filling the current restaurants and discount heavily. I can't imagine one that is $55 will not have the same problem once the initial rush has worn off.

IMHO they would do well on M-class ships to replace Qsine with the Ocean Liners restaurants like the SS United States. On M-class ships now, we skip specialty dining all together since the removal of those restaurants. Qsine was a one and done for us. The reviews I've read of LPC tends to make me think it's something I can skip.We enjoy a leisurely elegant dining experience rather than cutesy novelty...especially at those prices.

Edited by Luvcrusn