Tracking cruise details on iPad/iPhone

RSLeesburg

When I travel for business, I normally load everything into Trip Case. Has anyone used this app for their cruise/ flight details? Are there any other apps you would recommend?

I downloaded Trip Case and the only it tracks are the flights. I added the cruise but it doesn't accept the cruise booking number. Do you use it just for flights?

For work I have used it for flights and hotel reservations. I also used it for our trip to WDW last year, but I had to manually enter the restaurant and Neverland Club reservations via the web site. It was great once I entered everything, but thought maybe with so many people taking multiple cruises per year on different cruise lines, maybe there would be something better suited to just cruises...

I have not tried it yet for our cruise.

Does it track cruise ship information?

Yes TripIt tracks cruises. I emailed my Booking Confirmation and all of the details popped up. It also took my airline and hotel reservations.

It didn't take my Limo reservations, but I sort of didn't expect that.

UPDATE:

Actually it didn't take my Limo reservations for my local limo company going from Home to SFO.

But it DID take my reservations for Carmel Limos once we hit JFK.

For those who don't know what this means - on TRIPIT you don't have to manually enter all of your travel information. You email your confirmation to TripIt and it imports the info into your trip automatically - assuming the supplier (cruise line, hotel company, limo company) is signed up with TripIt, and apparently Carmel is - but my local limo company isn't.

I love the Sunday before we travel. I have time to play with these toys.

I just tried to email my confirmation into Trip Case and Trip It. Trip case did not work, although I did not expect it to - I use a different email addy for personal travel, so was not sure if I could forward a forwarded email. I signed up Trip It with my personal email, tried to forward my confirmation from RCI and got an error email from Trip It. They could not read the confirmation email.

Guess I will need to manually create.

How long after you emailed your info to Tripit did it show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It took about 2 minutes, according to the date stamps on when I forwarded my email and when I got confirmation from TripIt.

I registered with my gmail account at first because I didn't realize you had to register with the email to which your travel confirmations are sent. So I cancelled that account and opened one with my regular email - and it's worked like a champ since then.

Hmmm...it did not work for me. I wonder if RCI does something funny with their confirmation emails. Did your confirmation email come directly from RCI or from a TA? It may be that is the reason is did not work for me. I will just manually enter the data. I needed to do this last year with my WDW reservations.

Thanks for help.

I have been using the TripIt/TripDeck App, and TripIt.com to keep track of all my travel and travel related information for several years now. I think its the best App out there for business or leisure travel arrangements (IMHO). Right now I have car rentals confirmations for the upcoming holiday weekend, July 4th information, my Breeze cruise in August with flights, ground transportation, Bon Voyage Orders, etc listed, and also information for my "planned" cruises in January 2014 and July 2014 already noted. Some confirmation emails may have to be edited once its posted by the main website, but its easy to do.

Happy Sailing!!!!!

It shows up pretty quick. As I noted in my post, the emails that are compatible to TripIt/Trip Deck sometimes come in as an unfiled item, so you may have to go to the main website and edit some information, but the few minutes it takes to do it is well worth using the phone/table app and the website. I also use Flight Tracker Pro, but TripIt takes care of everything for me. I also love the fact that I can put pictures on the itinerary such as a picture of an Emirates Airbus 380 or Delta 747 in the flight section, or a picture of a cruise ship in the cruise portion, a pictures of the port of call for port days, the picture of the hotel, or a picture of the rental car company logo or icon.

How long after you emailed your info to Tripit did it show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Archived