Anytime Dining for 10

2cmu92

Hello..This will be our first Cruise on Princess and we are trying to decide if we should do anytime dining. There will be a total of 10 of us. What is the likelihood of us getting a table for 10 without a long wait? I realize that different times will be busier than others, but wonder if we should just take the late dinner seating instead. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. We will be on the Caribbean Princess.

Hello..This will be our first Cruise on Princess and we are trying to decide if we should do anytime dining. There will be a total of 10 of us. What is the likelihood of us getting a table for 10 without a long wait? I realize that different times will be busier than others, but wonder if we should just take the late dinner seating instead. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. We will be on the Caribbean Princess.

I think your best bet would be to go with the late seating for a group that large ... if you try the anytime dining for 10, and your dining times change every day I can imagine you will have to stand in line for a while some days waiting for tables to open

There are very few tables for ten, possible only two. So the chances that one is available when you randomly go to the dining room is slim.

I suggest that you select either early or late traditional dining. Be sure your TAs have all of your bookings linked together so that Princess knows you want to dine together.

By the way, a table for ten is too big to allow everyone to talk to everyone else. You might be better off with two tables near each other and switch some people between the tables each evening.

By the way, a table for ten is too big to allow everyone to talk to everyone else. You might be better off with two tables near each other and switch some people between the tables each evening.

I think this will be a better option for probably less wait time, if any, on ATD.

Some Observations:

ATD will be difficult if you really wish to showup anytime and really want a table for 10. There aren't too many of these large tables in the DR's.

It would be easier if you split up into two tables.

If you wish to dine 7:30 or later it would probably be easier to get a table, but if you arrive and the 10 top tables are already in use you would have to wait an unknown amount of time. After a few nights the staff may hold a table for you, and in effect you have changed to fixed time dining.

Conversation is almost impossible at a 10 top table. You can only speak with the few people that sit next to you. Service is slower as the waiter has to wait for all meals to be ready before serving a course.

If you really want a 10 top suggest traditional fixed seating.

I'd agree with going for a Traditional, but if you are set on ATD I wouldn't expect a wait over half an hour if you go after about 7:00.

Actually, if they insist on a table of 10 their wait could easily be over a half hour or even an hour! There are simply a very limited number of 10-top tables. We agree with the other posters that suggest a Fixed dining scheme is the better option for this size group....and all the cruise line reservations should be linked. Upon boarding we would also suggest that one of the party head directly to the MDR (and Maitre'd) to confirm the arrangements.

Hank

I should recommend the fixed style traditional dining. I was on Caribbean Princess a few years back on my table for two. Next table there were over twenty people on the same table. I assume they had made some sort of special arrangement to move a couple of tables together for second sitting.

Regards John