Changes to a single booking

Dylandude

A relation of mine recently booked a cabin on Journey for cruise in October.They booked as a solo traveller and paid 100% surcharge for single occupancy.

Three weeks after the booking a friend has indicated they would join my aunt on the cruise and share the cabin.

With the 100% surcharge in place I would have thought that the cost would have been split 50-50, but no.

With no change to the cabin originally booked (except for the extra passenger) the TA is adding approximately 10% to the combined fare.

How can this be correct?

A relation of mine recently booked a cabin on Journey for cruise in October.They booked as a solo traveller and paid 100% surcharge for single occupancy.

Three weeks after the booking a friend has indicated they would join my aunt on the cruise and share the cabin.

With the 100% surcharge in place I would have thought that the cost would have been split 50-50, but no.

With no change to the cabin originally booked (except for the extra passenger) the TA is adding approximately 10% to the combined fare.

How can this be correct?

Port fees and taxes would be increased for an additional person. Also, price may have increased since the original booking.

Unless the person who booked the cruise received a single discount (25% to 50%) than, the price he paid was the total price for two people minus port taxes and fees for one person. At the moment that other person joins the single passenger, the original price increases in the amount of port taxes and fees.