Luke Mangan Salt Grill Pacific Jewel

40/50

Hi,

For anyone interested in dining at the Salt Grill on the Jewel, I thought I'd share a tip.

You can now purchase additional packages for P&O cruises for special occasions. If fine dining is your thing for a few extra dollars you can secure a spot by booking in advance. My T/A also told me it's $30 dearer if you book once on board.

Might not be for everyone but we're really looking forward to a cheaper alternative to fine dining on land.

Hi,

For anyone interested in dining at the Salt Grill on the Jewel, I thought I'd share a tip.

You can now purchase additional packages for P&O cruises for special occasions. If fine dining is your thing for a few extra dollars you can secure a spot by booking in advance. My T/A also told me it's $30 dearer if you book once on board.

Might not be for everyone but we're really looking forward to a cheaper alternative to fine dining on land.

ACA just had a tour of the Jewel, very interesting and they have a 3 ring circus onboard

rkmw

How much is the cover charge for Salt Grill ?

On ACA Luke Mangan himself said the cover charge was $30 so I don't understand what the OP's TA was saying. How much did the TA charge for the pre-booking. Was it $30? If so it is the same as when you are onboard, you wouldn't be charged another $30.

I hate it when TA's give misleading information.:mad:

Thanks Eileen AU$30 sounds about right for a cover charge restaurant on the ships.

Princess charges US$20 to $25 for the Sabatinis and Steakhouse or Crown Grill as it was on Crown Princess. I tried both just for the experience, pretty good, but just a one off, I am happy with the normal dining.

On ACA Luke Mangan himself said the cover charge was $30 so I don't understand what the OP's TA was saying. How much did the TA charge for the pre-booking. Was it $30? If so it is the same as when you are onboard' date=' you wouldn't be charged another $30.

I hate it when TA's give misleading information.:mad:[/quote']

Hi,

To clear up any misunderstanding, I was referring to a dining package as per P&0 site, including wine, photo and birthday cake. The actual dining price works out to be less than $10 pp when purchasing the package in advance. Apparently this package is $30 more once on board.

There was no additional charge from my TA, just great communication and service.

Hi,

To clear up any misunderstanding, I was referring to a dining package as per P&0 site, including wine, photo and birthday cake. The actual dining price works out to be less than $10 pp when purchasing the package in advance. Apparently this package is $30 more once on board.

There was no additional charge from my TA, just great communication and service.

Ah Ok, originally you said it was to dine in the restaurant. You didn't say it was a package.

Ah Ok' date=' originally you said it was to dine in the restaurant. You didn't say it was a package.[/quote']

from 40/50's original post

You can now purchase additional packages for P&O cruises for special occasions.

It was a little unclear but he/she did mention packages:)

FINE DINING?????they serve sardine straight from the tin??:eek::D

I don't know what the big deal is. If you live in / around Sydney then you can try Mangan's cooking or rather Mangan's menu anytime at the Sydney Hilton.

With his outlets elsewhere in the world, he sounds like the Aussie answer to Gordon Ramsay - a businessman rather than a chef.

FINE DINING?????they serve sardine straight from the tin??:eek::D

I'm thinking cat food :eek:

Fresh sardines are really good, quick fried, parmesan breadcrumbs & olive oil, sprinkle of lemon juice....

And a nice bottle of wine :D

• 2 months later...

My husband and I have just had the pleasure of dining in the Saltgrill twice on our 8 night cruise and what an experience it was.

Our first night we had the BEST food - I has prawns and then paid extra for the grilled Lobster tails and my husband had the best Gnoochi he has ever tasted followed by a sirlion. We shared the vegetables which were the most amazing mashed potatoes with truffles, morrocan carrots, amd mashed peas with mint.Desset I had the signature Liocrice and lime parfait - speechless and hubby had the Raspberry cheescake with raspberry sorbet.

The service was fantastic and we had such a wonderful night.

Second night hubby has exactly the same again and I had the best Barramundi I have ever tasted. This was the highlight of our cruise. I cannot recommend this more highly and we are serious foodies!!!

Jancy

Was it barramundi from the Gulf of Carpentaria/Northern Territory? That's just the best - even just plain grilled! The farmed stuff you get here in Brisbane can't hold a candle to it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't know about the barramundi, but the Flounder was devine.

Now this was my dessert from the Salt Grill. Chocolate, Chocolate & more chocolate (I can't remember what it was called but the ice cream was Earl Grey Tea flavour :)). It was delicious by the way.

26719_1355302411493_1499447389_970682_6984279_n.jpg

My husband and I have just had the pleasure of dining in the Saltgrill twice on our 8 night cruise and what an experience it was.

Our first night we had the BEST food - I has prawns and then paid extra for the grilled Lobster tails and my husband had the best Gnoochi he has ever tasted followed by a sirlion. We shared the vegetables which were the most amazing mashed potatoes with truffles, morrocan carrots, amd mashed peas with mint.Desset I had the signature Liocrice and lime parfait - speechless and hubby had the Raspberry cheescake with raspberry sorbet.

The service was fantastic and we had such a wonderful night.

Second night hubby has exactly the same again and I had the best Barramundi I have ever tasted. This was the highlight of our cruise. I cannot recommend this more highly and we are serious foodies!!!

Jancy

Jancy, someone said the oysters were $4 each!! Even for fine dining thats expensive. How much was the supplement for the lobster? I checked out the menu, it looks amazing..mouth watering just reading it:)

Archived