Snorkel without Stingrays

sandbag7

We will be arriving by Cruise ship at G'Town with an 8 to 4 stay per itinerary. We've snorkeled with Manta Rays and Sting Rays, also with sharks; don't want to try snorkeling with eels or jelly fish, would just like to snorkel with good company at interesting sites, rum punch and beach time not necessary; does anyone have a recommendation or two? Thanks.

Edited by sandbag7
Additional info., spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We don't leave for 3 more weeks but we had the same problem. Everyone wants to stop at the darn stingrays and we didn't feel like doing it for a 3rd time. After contacting several companies, I ended up booking a private charter with "discount excursions". There are 7 of us. The boat was $400 and we can pick the 3 spots that we want to go + it includes pickup and drop off at the cruise terminal. I will review it when we get back.

• 2 months later...
We don't leave for 3 more weeks but we had the same problem. Everyone wants to stop at the darn stingrays and we didn't feel like doing it for a 3rd time. After contacting several companies, I ended up booking a private charter with "discount excursions". There are 7 of us. The boat was $400 and we can pick the 3 spots that we want to go + it includes pickup and drop off at the cruise terminal. I will review it when we get back.
Would love to hear how your day was and what company you chartered with.

• 8 months later...

We're in the same boat (haha) - not interested in the stingrays but seems hard to find a tour without!! If anyone knows of a good one that isn't too expensive, please do tell! Private is not an option for us since it's just hte two of us (would be too expensive).

I would, however, LOVE some beach time and certainly wouldn't turn down a rum punch or three :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We always just snorkel on our own. Usually go to Eden Rock Dive Center where you can rent equipment if needed and snorkel right out back of their shop. Maybe a 10 min walk from the pier.

You could then catch a bus for $2.50 and head about 3 miles up to Cemetery Beach and snorkel there. Both are good places. So for under $40 two people can snorkel all day. You' just have to bring your equipment back to Eden Rock when finished.

After Eden Rock we just walk back to town and go shopping, grab a drink or something.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

We headed left out of the terminal and walked a few blocks north to snorkel at....Burger King.  Yes there is a Burger King right on the water with steps at the back of the parking lot that lead down to a platform where you can get in the water.  From there it is about 100 yards out to the reefs.  Most are marked by buoys and have lots of fish to see.  We saw one stingray, 2 sea turtles, 2 or 3 barracudas and numerous tropical fish.  Taking our time there was enough to see for a full 2 hours!