Group Cruises?

stepha06

Its been a really long time since I have been on here, but I think I remember a spot you could scroll thru and find group cruises that were taking place.... is that still a thing? If so can you tell me where to find it.

The group cruises that were being posted on cruise critic were popular until a few years ago when Carnival changed the perks of being a group leader. I haven't seen a posting regarding group cruises in a long time. This is my opinion of why you don't see them. I don't know if cruise critic still allow group advertising on the site. I'm sure someone else will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong or add to it.

Being a group leader is somewhat easy. My parents and I have been doing it for over 30 years. Get a group of friends and family members together and book a cruise through the group department.

I have no idea why they stopped doing Cruise Critic group cruises but I do know that our CC group cruise on the Breeze in Feb. 2014 was the very last CC sponsored cruise. Because we had done a few of these group cruises with many of the same people we have continued doing them on our own.

Those 'group cruises' all really belonged on the Roll Call boards but they were promoted by one particular host on this board, who kept them on the first page by posting on each one first thing in the morning. They really cluttered up the forum. They phased out when he he was relieved of his duties. EM

The HAL boards have a list like you describe with groups, charters and dry docks - I haven't seen that on the Carnival boards.

If you're wondering about large groups booked on your cruise you might try googling your ship name and the date. Try the date 2 or 3 different ways.

On one of our CCL cruises there was a group of over 1,000 shag dancers - the people were very nice but with so many who knew each other they were often in large groups at the bars or the pool decks so it was especially loud and it was often hard to find a seat in some of the bars and/or venues.